I've gone through a handful of posts about this age-old question but haven't yet seen my specific situation: 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 9), staying in London 6 nights (7 days).
We want to use the 2 for 1 passes so we'll need paper travelcards for the adults.
But what about the kids? Are there paper travelcards issued for children? Can you use the 2 for 1 scheme for children at the attractions?
Unlikely we'll do much (if any) traveling beyond zone 1... if we do it'll be to visit Hampton Court Palace only. We'll most likely use a car service on arrival at LHR; we'll also probably take the Tube back to LHR on a day that is not included in our 7 day travelcard (i.e. we return to London for our last night before flying home).
Is there benefit to loading up a small amount onto 4 oyster cards for the 1 journey to LHR? (I.e. is the daily max on Oyster card less than a single point to point from Gloucester to LHR?) If so, that also means I should order the kids' oyster cards ahead of time to take advantage of their pricing, right?
Also, is the oyster card completely refundable, or only the initial deposit amount? (i.e. if we load it up for the tube to LHR and ultimately change those plans.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Madrid airport question
- 4 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 5 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 8 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 9 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Imbros Gorge
- 12 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 13 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 14 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 15 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 16 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 19 38 Days in Paris
- 20 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 21 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 22 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 23 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 24 How the kids age calculated
- 25 Day trips: which ones are must-do?