I've gone through a handful of posts about this age-old question but haven't yet seen my specific situation: 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 9), staying in London 6 nights (7 days).
We want to use the 2 for 1 passes so we'll need paper travelcards for the adults.
But what about the kids? Are there paper travelcards issued for children? Can you use the 2 for 1 scheme for children at the attractions?
Unlikely we'll do much (if any) traveling beyond zone 1... if we do it'll be to visit Hampton Court Palace only. We'll most likely use a car service on arrival at LHR; we'll also probably take the Tube back to LHR on a day that is not included in our 7 day travelcard (i.e. we return to London for our last night before flying home).
Is there benefit to loading up a small amount onto 4 oyster cards for the 1 journey to LHR? (I.e. is the daily max on Oyster card less than a single point to point from Gloucester to LHR?) If so, that also means I should order the kids' oyster cards ahead of time to take advantage of their pricing, right?
Also, is the oyster card completely refundable, or only the initial deposit amount? (i.e. if we load it up for the tube to LHR and ultimately change those plans.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ms outlook@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h SUPP0RT CARE *
- 2 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 3 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 4 Now to Madrid
- 5 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 8 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 9 Sicily: which coast?
- 10 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 13 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 17 3 days solo in London
- 18 Chania
- 19 Edinbrugh
- 20 Berlin to ?
- 21 Hotels in Turin
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 24 Studying art in English in venice
- 25 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries