I've gone through a handful of posts about this age-old question but haven't yet seen my specific situation: 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 9), staying in London 6 nights (7 days).
We want to use the 2 for 1 passes so we'll need paper travelcards for the adults.
But what about the kids? Are there paper travelcards issued for children? Can you use the 2 for 1 scheme for children at the attractions?
Unlikely we'll do much (if any) traveling beyond zone 1... if we do it'll be to visit Hampton Court Palace only. We'll most likely use a car service on arrival at LHR; we'll also probably take the Tube back to LHR on a day that is not included in our 7 day travelcard (i.e. we return to London for our last night before flying home).
Is there benefit to loading up a small amount onto 4 oyster cards for the 1 journey to LHR? (I.e. is the daily max on Oyster card less than a single point to point from Gloucester to LHR?) If so, that also means I should order the kids' oyster cards ahead of time to take advantage of their pricing, right?
Also, is the oyster card completely refundable, or only the initial deposit amount? (i.e. if we load it up for the tube to LHR and ultimately change those plans.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Budapest in December 2017
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 6 Trek through Eur
- 7 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Roma Pass
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Amsterdam hotels
- 16 Denmark or Sweden?
- 17 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 18 Europe itinerary questions
- 19 London Hotels
- 20 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 23 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy