Could you help me choosing our card for transport. I have already read the tfl website, some Fodor´s forum posts and other pages such as https://www.londontoolkit.com, and I still have doubts.
I think Oyster Card for adults and Oyster card with Young Visitor Discount would be the best for us, since (I think) we cannot take advantage of the 2x1 discount for attraction tickets (no train travel until day 4)
Am I right?
Here are the details (sorry for the length)
We are two families traveling together: 4 adults and 4 children 11-15.
- Day 1: We will arrive on December 29th around 8 pm to St. Pancras Int´l by the Eurostar train and we will only travel to our hotel close to Custom House and Royal Victoria Stations (I guess it is zone 3). Does it make sense to have the cards since that day or the day after?
- Day 2-3: visits to London centre (our hotel I think is in the zone 3)
- Day 4 (1/1): we are probably going to Stonehenge (are the oyster cards or travel cards entitling us to any discounts to that destination?)
- Day 5 (Saturday January 2nd): visits to London centre and at night we go to Gatwick.
Here are the questions:
1) Could you confirm that the Oyster card would be the best option for us? Our best option would be one that represents less money in transport and visits.
I read that the travel card does not cover the train services between St. Pancras International and Stratford international. I am assuming then that we are not going to take advantage of the 2x1 benefit in the tickets of attractions, and therefore, I´m thinking we will be better off with the oyster card, does it make sense? We may take train on the day 4, but the benefit would only be good for day 5.
Am I missing something? Is there normal use of train between my hotel and London centre?
2) Is it true we can buy the transport cards (oyster or travel) during our Eurostar trip? Would we be able to buy the Young Visitor Discount or children travelcards in the Eurostar? Can we pay with credit cards or only cash?
3) If not possible, where could we buy the transport option in St. Pancra´s international? Would it be open on a Tuesday around Christmas (29th) after 8 pm? The link you provided us to check facilities don´t tell the opening and closing times. Ticket halls is the place we should be looking after?
4) Are we going to take train from St. Pancras Int´l to our hotel close to Royal Victoria Station / Custom House station or from there to London centre? If not, would the travelcard be not good for us since we wouldn´t be able to take advantage of the 2x1 discount on visits to monuments, etc.?
Thank you in advance for your help (and patience for reading this long post ... I just needed to write all the detail).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 실시간프로토사이트╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 2 프로야구사이트╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 3 코리아바카라━▶⋊【→ SO224。CoM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 4 와우토토사이트╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 5 블랙잭바카라━▶⋊【→ SO224。CoM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 6 바카라게임사이트━▶⋊【→ SO224。CoM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 7 토토로사사이트╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 8 인터넷토토사이트╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 9 데일리토토사이트╱◇￢( ｄＯｏ２６.ｚＥ.Ａｍ )￢╱◇온라인야구
- 10 바카라사이트━▶⋊【→ SO224。CoM ←】⋉◀━슈퍼카지노
- 11 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 12 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 13 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 Luggage Storage
- 19 Back from Paris
- 20 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 21 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 22 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 23 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 24 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 25 Trip suggestion