Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Oxford to York Travel/Stop Suggestions? (+2wk itinerary)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 2 Travel by train in Poland?
- 3 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 4 Trains
- 5 Spain in late November/early December
- 6 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 7 scotland trave;
- 8 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 9 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 10 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 11 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 12 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 13 Berlin - one day off
- 14 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 15 Norway in June with parents.
- 16 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 17 How to experience the Champagne region during a 12 days trip to París.
- 18 Photo Safari to the south of France, the Italian Rivera and the Swiss Alps
- 19 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 20 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 21 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 22 Thinking of visiting Iceland in May (1st May - 10th May)
- 23 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 24 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 25 Paris/ France Cheapest way to get from the airport to the Dupleix Station