Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome-Positano RT rental car/bus/train
- 2 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 3 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 4 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 5 Milan tours
- 6 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 7 Flight Cost to Athens
- 8 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 9 Day Trip near Paris
- 10 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 11 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 12 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 13 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 14 London Itinerary - Late Summer
- 15 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 16 Lake Maggiore
- 17 Despite the fact that according to my amigos private
- 18 Bootcut jeans
- 19 Cadiz during Carnival? Other suggestions...
- 20 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 21 Amsterdam Transit
- 22 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 23 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 24 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 25 UK train question