Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Can parking
- 9 italy Cinque Terre
- 10 San Sebastián
- 11 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 21 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 22 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 25 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome