Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Oxford to York Travel/Stop Suggestions? (+2wk itinerary)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 3 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 4 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 5 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 6 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 7 What are the best places to see in England
- 8 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 9 Reims for a day
- 10 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 11 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 12 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 13 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 14 Estonia Amber
- 15 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 16 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 17 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 18 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 19 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 20 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 21 Heli Tour
- 22 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 23 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 24 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 25 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon