Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Oxford to York Travel/Stop Suggestions? (+2wk itinerary)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 2 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 3 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 4 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 5 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 6 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 7 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 10 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 11 Story of the German Christmas star
- 12 French Basque region
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 15 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 16 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 17 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 18 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 19 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 20 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 American Express
- 23 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 24 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 25 Help with European vacation plan