Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Oxford to York Travel/Stop Suggestions? (+2wk itinerary)
- 1 Amalfi, Italy hostel - recommendation for college aged traveler?
- 2 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 3 8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
- 4 Hotel problems in Barcelona Gothic Quarter - Must Read
- 5 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 6 Ordering wine in Paris
- 7 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 8 Ennis or Shannon for last night before flying out of Shannon Airport?
- 9 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 10 Southern Italy Itinerary- is this do-able?
- 11 3+ week trip to Amsterdam/Germany/Prague
- 12 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 13 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 14 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 15 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 16 Foggia Day Trip
- 17 Cinque Terre card and train
- 18 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 19 Places to visit south of Florence along A1
- 20 Retirement Vacation
- 21 London Evening Activity
- 22 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 23 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 24 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 25 Car rental