Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Oxford to York Travel/Stop Suggestions? (+2wk itinerary)
- 1 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 2 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Albania for Beginners
- 5 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 6 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 10 London for Christmas
- 11 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 14 Family European winter holiday
- 15 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 16 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 17 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 18 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 19 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 20 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 21 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 22 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 23 Istanbul hotels
- 24 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 25 2 Week European Itinerary