Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 2 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 3 Italy finding bedding
- 4 la spezia vs. levanto
- 5 Ljubljana – Trieste – Croatia – Itinerary and Car Rental Questions
- 6 Travel help laundary
- 7 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 8 My summer in Paris
- 9 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 10 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 11 Train tickets in Europe
- 12 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 13 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 14 Norway and Netherlands
- 15 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 16 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 17 Provence Planning Help
- 18 Scottish pounds - coins too?
- 19 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 20 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 21 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 22 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 23 Madrid Airport
- 24 Late October Trip in France
- 25 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.