Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 2 Munich Under Attack...
- 3 How big backpack do I need?
- 4 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 5 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 6 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 7 Spain in November
- 8 Stonehenge and Bath
- 9 Path of the Gods Question
- 10 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 11 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 12 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 13 Should I speculate?
- 14 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Prague on a budget...
- 17 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 18 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 19 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 20 Le Marche Sept./Oct.
- 21 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 22 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 23 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 24 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 25 Dentix in Spain