Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 2 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 3 Macedonia, Greece
- 4 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 5 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 6 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 7 Arriving 23:35 at Marco Polo
- 8 Scotland - Hiking - Fort William or Isle of Skye
- 9 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 10 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 11 Breakfast: London
- 12 Europe Itinerary
- 13 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 14 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?
- 15 The highlands
- 16 Loch Ewe in NW Scotland...anyone been?
- 17 April 8 - 16, 1 country, 1 male, the best choice?
- 18 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 19 Rhine River
- 20 June '17-Verona Piedmont Liguria?
- 21 Travel plan help in Germany
- 22 Norwway trip report
- 23 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 24 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 25 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.