Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tickets for Wimbledon
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 6 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 7 Chania
- 8 Paris advice with kids
- 9 Iceland car rental agencies
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 Best Viking Sites
- 12 Paris hotel
- 13 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 14 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 15 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 16 Ex-pats with young kids
- 17 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 18 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 19 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 20 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 21 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 22 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 23 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 24 Top Tapas Tascas
- 25 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?