Will be spending 2 weeks in England/Scotland in June with my parents (20y+2 55y's) and have our itenerary set out except for the Oxford->York link. Any advice would be appreciated!
Day 1: late flight into London
Dy 2-5: London
Day 6: Windsor, then to Oxford. Overnight in Oxford.
Day 7: Oxford, then to York.
Day 8-10 : York, train to Edinburgh
Day 11-14: Edinburgh (day trips to St. Andrews, Stirling..)
Day 15: early flight out of Edinburgh
My Question: Trying to decide whether to train straight from Oxford to York or take an extra day off of Windsor Castle/Edinburgh, hire a car and stay somewhere in the cotswolds en route to york?
Many thanks; my parents have left all the planning to me!
Oxford to York Travel/Stop Suggestions? (+2wk itinerary)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 2 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 3 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 4 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 5 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 8 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 9 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 10 tour guides in rome
- 11 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 12 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 13 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 14 Day trip on the Rhine
- 15 poland to switzerland
- 16 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 17 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 18 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 19 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 20 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Reims for a day
- 22 Toulouse and beyond -
- 23 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 24 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 25 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013