I'm posting this question on behalf of my 24 year old son who is planning a trip to Oxford during the 2nd half of March. He will be visiting a friend who is studying there. After looking through a guide book, he's come up with the following list of things to see/do:
official University and City walking tour
Oxford Museum of Natural History
Pitt Rivers museum
University Church of St. Mary the Virgin
All Souls College
other sights to see
Radcliffe Camera (covered by library or city tour?)
Bridge of Sighs (covered by city tour?)
Sheldonian Theatre (covered by city tour?)
Is he missing any essentials? Are any of those colleges and/or sights covered by the official city tour? There's not a lot of information as to what the tour actually covers, just that it's two hours and shows you the basics, so any additional information from somebody who has done the tour would be nice. Would it be reasonable and/or worthwhile to trek out to the Uffington White Horse? Finally, should three days be enough to do this?
Thanks for any help you can offer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 2 Globus Iberian Tour
- 3 Spain: train/rental car help
- 4 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 5 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 6 Budapest Card
- 7 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 8 UK in May and June
- 9 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 10 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 11 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 12 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 15 Bath/Cotswolds
- 16 Shorts in South of France?
- 17 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 18 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 19 base for Andalucia
- 20 Italy travel plan help
- 21 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 22 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 23 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 24 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 25 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport