I'm posting this question on behalf of my 24 year old son who is planning a trip to Oxford during the 2nd half of March. He will be visiting a friend who is studying there. After looking through a guide book, he's come up with the following list of things to see/do:
official University and City walking tour
Oxford Museum of Natural History
Pitt Rivers museum
University Church of St. Mary the Virgin
All Souls College
other sights to see
Radcliffe Camera (covered by library or city tour?)
Bridge of Sighs (covered by city tour?)
Sheldonian Theatre (covered by city tour?)
Is he missing any essentials? Are any of those colleges and/or sights covered by the official city tour? There's not a lot of information as to what the tour actually covers, just that it's two hours and shows you the basics, so any additional information from somebody who has done the tour would be nice. Would it be reasonable and/or worthwhile to trek out to the Uffington White Horse? Finally, should three days be enough to do this?
Thanks for any help you can offer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 God Save the Queen?
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 Paris to Italy
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 16 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Great Value Vacations - NOT