I'm posting this question on behalf of my 24 year old son who is planning a trip to Oxford during the 2nd half of March. He will be visiting a friend who is studying there. After looking through a guide book, he's come up with the following list of things to see/do:
official University and City walking tour
Oxford Museum of Natural History
Pitt Rivers museum
University Church of St. Mary the Virgin
All Souls College
other sights to see
Radcliffe Camera (covered by library or city tour?)
Bridge of Sighs (covered by city tour?)
Sheldonian Theatre (covered by city tour?)
Is he missing any essentials? Are any of those colleges and/or sights covered by the official city tour? There's not a lot of information as to what the tour actually covers, just that it's two hours and shows you the basics, so any additional information from somebody who has done the tour would be nice. Would it be reasonable and/or worthwhile to trek out to the Uffington White Horse? Finally, should three days be enough to do this?
Thanks for any help you can offer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland
- 2 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 Questions about Polish sights
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Ireland travel passport question
- 11 Italy
- 12 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Revised itinerary for italy
- 15 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 16 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 17 Biarritz family holiday
- 18 Lisbon hotel
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 4 Days in Tuscany
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days