Hi all -
We are sooo excited about our trip to Austria in late May! Thanks so much for all your help on this board; I've got pages and pages of your posts printed and well-highlighted
I'm already looking at the classical performance schedule, since I'd really like to experience the "scene" at least once (though it will be a drag for DH - perhaps the "standing-room" option at the staatsoper will be a good compromise). We will most likely try to see the Vienna Boys' Choir mass and more Mozart in Salzburg, as well.
Anyway, I'm overwhelmed by all the options (nice position to be in, though!). Does anyone have any opinions about these venues/shows? I think I'd enjoy all of them, but DH can probably only endure one
- The Flying Dutchman, Wagner
- Roberto Devereux, Donizetti
- La Clemenza di Tito, Mozart
- Don Quixote, Bolshoi-choreographed ballet
- Il Seraglio, Mozart
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Sondheim (no idea if it's in German or English)
- The Sound of Music (will that be extremely cheesy?)
Theater an der Wien (part of the Wiener Festwochen):
- La Traviata, Verdi; soloist Deborah Warner
Any and all comments appreciated. Thanks again for all your help already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin to Italy
- 2 Take your necessary things while traveling!
- 3 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 Florence - Where to stay
- 6 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 Killarney
- 8 Where to go!?
- 9 First time in Bulgaria
- 10 Vacation
- 11 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 15 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 18 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 19 Walking itinerary in England?
- 20 Dog friendly hotels
- 21 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 22 Cambridge in May
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 25 No Periods in British Written English!
Hi all -