Hi all -
We are sooo excited about our trip to Austria in late May! Thanks so much for all your help on this board; I've got pages and pages of your posts printed and well-highlighted
I'm already looking at the classical performance schedule, since I'd really like to experience the "scene" at least once (though it will be a drag for DH - perhaps the "standing-room" option at the staatsoper will be a good compromise). We will most likely try to see the Vienna Boys' Choir mass and more Mozart in Salzburg, as well.
Anyway, I'm overwhelmed by all the options (nice position to be in, though!). Does anyone have any opinions about these venues/shows? I think I'd enjoy all of them, but DH can probably only endure one
- The Flying Dutchman, Wagner
- Roberto Devereux, Donizetti
- La Clemenza di Tito, Mozart
- Don Quixote, Bolshoi-choreographed ballet
- Il Seraglio, Mozart
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Sondheim (no idea if it's in German or English)
- The Sound of Music (will that be extremely cheesy?)
Theater an der Wien (part of the Wiener Festwochen):
- La Traviata, Verdi; soloist Deborah Warner
Any and all comments appreciated. Thanks again for all your help already!
overwhelmed: which opera to see in Vienna?
Hi all -
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 2 Three days in Spain
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 Sicily Suggetions
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 7 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 8 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 9 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 10 7 days in Greece
- 11 Estonia Amber
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 14 Day trip on the Rhine
- 15 Paris in April?
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 Flam, Norway railway
- 18 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 19 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 20 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 21 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 22 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 23 He said , she said
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 car rental companies Italy