Hi all -
We are sooo excited about our trip to Austria in late May! Thanks so much for all your help on this board; I've got pages and pages of your posts printed and well-highlighted
I'm already looking at the classical performance schedule, since I'd really like to experience the "scene" at least once (though it will be a drag for DH - perhaps the "standing-room" option at the staatsoper will be a good compromise). We will most likely try to see the Vienna Boys' Choir mass and more Mozart in Salzburg, as well.
Anyway, I'm overwhelmed by all the options (nice position to be in, though!). Does anyone have any opinions about these venues/shows? I think I'd enjoy all of them, but DH can probably only endure one
- The Flying Dutchman, Wagner
- Roberto Devereux, Donizetti
- La Clemenza di Tito, Mozart
- Don Quixote, Bolshoi-choreographed ballet
- Il Seraglio, Mozart
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Sondheim (no idea if it's in German or English)
- The Sound of Music (will that be extremely cheesy?)
Theater an der Wien (part of the Wiener Festwochen):
- La Traviata, Verdi; soloist Deborah Warner
Any and all comments appreciated. Thanks again for all your help already!
overwhelmed: which opera to see in Vienna?
Hi all -
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 week in calabria
- 2 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 3 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 4 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 5 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 6 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 7 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 8 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 9 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 10 Akrotiri Tours
- 11 Walking in Oslo
- 12 London hotel tax is 20%
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 14 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 15 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 16 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 17 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 18 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 19 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 20 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 21 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 22 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 23 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 24 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 25 Venice - boats on canals