Hi all -
We are sooo excited about our trip to Austria in late May! Thanks so much for all your help on this board; I've got pages and pages of your posts printed and well-highlighted
I'm already looking at the classical performance schedule, since I'd really like to experience the "scene" at least once (though it will be a drag for DH - perhaps the "standing-room" option at the staatsoper will be a good compromise). We will most likely try to see the Vienna Boys' Choir mass and more Mozart in Salzburg, as well.
Anyway, I'm overwhelmed by all the options (nice position to be in, though!). Does anyone have any opinions about these venues/shows? I think I'd enjoy all of them, but DH can probably only endure one
- The Flying Dutchman, Wagner
- Roberto Devereux, Donizetti
- La Clemenza di Tito, Mozart
- Don Quixote, Bolshoi-choreographed ballet
- Il Seraglio, Mozart
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Sondheim (no idea if it's in German or English)
- The Sound of Music (will that be extremely cheesy?)
Theater an der Wien (part of the Wiener Festwochen):
- La Traviata, Verdi; soloist Deborah Warner
Any and all comments appreciated. Thanks again for all your help already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 3 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 4 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 5 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 6 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 7 Bursa/Iznik
- 8 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 9 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 10 Best of Norway
- 11 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 12 Charming areas to explore in London
- 13 Hidden Gems outside Munich
- 14 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 15 credit and debit cards
- 16 Luggage storage Vienna railway
- 17 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 18 Another Question re Scotland
- 19 Transportation and things to do around Malta from the Westin Dragona?
- 20 Accommodation Goze and Ostia Antic
- 21 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 22 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 23 Tattoos in Italy
- 24 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 25 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
Hi all -