Hi all -
We are sooo excited about our trip to Austria in late May! Thanks so much for all your help on this board; I've got pages and pages of your posts printed and well-highlighted
I'm already looking at the classical performance schedule, since I'd really like to experience the "scene" at least once (though it will be a drag for DH - perhaps the "standing-room" option at the staatsoper will be a good compromise). We will most likely try to see the Vienna Boys' Choir mass and more Mozart in Salzburg, as well.
Anyway, I'm overwhelmed by all the options (nice position to be in, though!). Does anyone have any opinions about these venues/shows? I think I'd enjoy all of them, but DH can probably only endure one
- The Flying Dutchman, Wagner
- Roberto Devereux, Donizetti
- La Clemenza di Tito, Mozart
- Don Quixote, Bolshoi-choreographed ballet
- Il Seraglio, Mozart
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Sondheim (no idea if it's in German or English)
- The Sound of Music (will that be extremely cheesy?)
Theater an der Wien (part of the Wiener Festwochen):
- La Traviata, Verdi; soloist Deborah Warner
Any and all comments appreciated. Thanks again for all your help already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 2 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 3 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 4 Barcelona sites: attire
- 5 Self-driving in Iceland
- 6 Ann Frank House
- 7 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 8 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 9 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 10 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 11 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 12 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 13 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 14 Referendum in Greece
- 15 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 16 Visa D - Student or Tourist?
- 17 Barcelona Itinerary
- 18 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 19 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 20 Umbria/Tuscany/Le Marche villa suggestions for large group
- 21 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 22 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 23 Sunrise in Colmar, France
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
Hi all -