Hi all -
We are sooo excited about our trip to Austria in late May! Thanks so much for all your help on this board; I've got pages and pages of your posts printed and well-highlighted
I'm already looking at the classical performance schedule, since I'd really like to experience the "scene" at least once (though it will be a drag for DH - perhaps the "standing-room" option at the staatsoper will be a good compromise). We will most likely try to see the Vienna Boys' Choir mass and more Mozart in Salzburg, as well.
Anyway, I'm overwhelmed by all the options (nice position to be in, though!). Does anyone have any opinions about these venues/shows? I think I'd enjoy all of them, but DH can probably only endure one
- The Flying Dutchman, Wagner
- Roberto Devereux, Donizetti
- La Clemenza di Tito, Mozart
- Don Quixote, Bolshoi-choreographed ballet
- Il Seraglio, Mozart
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Sondheim (no idea if it's in German or English)
- The Sound of Music (will that be extremely cheesy?)
Theater an der Wien (part of the Wiener Festwochen):
- La Traviata, Verdi; soloist Deborah Warner
Any and all comments appreciated. Thanks again for all your help already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 Europe itinerary questions
- 6 Amsterdam hotels
- 7 Paris hotels
- 8 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 16 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 17 Brugge hotel help
- 18 Old European currency
- 19 Denmark or Sweden?
- 20 Five night Ireland Trip
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 London Hotels
- 24 10 days in Paris and......
- 25 1 month in Europe
Hi all -