Hi all -
We are sooo excited about our trip to Austria in late May! Thanks so much for all your help on this board; I've got pages and pages of your posts printed and well-highlighted
I'm already looking at the classical performance schedule, since I'd really like to experience the "scene" at least once (though it will be a drag for DH - perhaps the "standing-room" option at the staatsoper will be a good compromise). We will most likely try to see the Vienna Boys' Choir mass and more Mozart in Salzburg, as well.
Anyway, I'm overwhelmed by all the options (nice position to be in, though!). Does anyone have any opinions about these venues/shows? I think I'd enjoy all of them, but DH can probably only endure one
- The Flying Dutchman, Wagner
- Roberto Devereux, Donizetti
- La Clemenza di Tito, Mozart
- Don Quixote, Bolshoi-choreographed ballet
- Il Seraglio, Mozart
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Sondheim (no idea if it's in German or English)
- The Sound of Music (will that be extremely cheesy?)
Theater an der Wien (part of the Wiener Festwochen):
- La Traviata, Verdi; soloist Deborah Warner
Any and all comments appreciated. Thanks again for all your help already!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 2 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 3 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 4 Spain Road trip Barcelona to San Sebastian June 2017
- 5 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 6 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 7 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 8 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 9 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 10 Buy international calling card OR Smart phone with international minutes?
- 11 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 12 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 13 3 days to spend in europe
- 14 Slovakia day trip
- 15 vienna ticket office to buy tickets for opera bastille Paris
- 16 Italy for the first time
- 17 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 18 Budapest on a budget
- 19 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 20 Norfolk base
- 21 Renting bed linens and towels
- 22 Calling home from abroad
- 23 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 24 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 25 20 free days of Europe
Hi all -