next month we'll be taking the overnight train from Vienna to Venice. There is a stopover in Salzburg for about 90 minutes, starting around midnight. Two questions - 1) are we allowed to get off the train and come back on in these 90 minutes?, and 2) is there anything to see in Salzburg at midnight that is within walking distance of the train station. We will have a sleeper compartment, but I'll assume that if we are allowed to get off the train, we should take all of our belongings?
overnight train Vienna-Venice stopover in Salzburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 2 5 Observations About Paris
- 3 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 4 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 5 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 6 Is my plan ok
- 7 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 8 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 9 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 10 Southern Spain
- 11 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 12 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 15 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 18 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 19 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 20 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 21 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 22 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Museums in Berlin
- 25 Schengen Visa Rules