Our group of 21 is taking the overnight train from Budapest to Prague. We have triple sleeper cars reserved. Although this may not be the easiest way to get there, we plan on making it an adventure. As none of us have ever overnighted on a train before, I would appreciate any information and advice you can give me - such as how does our luggage get handled, can we bring our own food/drink, will they wake us up in the morning, and how much time do they allow us to get off the train? Will they wake us up during the night to check our passports as we cross borders? Also, are there restaurants in or nearby the Prague Station where we can have breakfast when we arrive? We are staying at the Hotel Ibis Praha Old Town - can we walk there or will we need to take taxis to get there? Arrangements have been made for early luggage storage and check-in there. Thanks in advance for everyone's help, Reid777
Overnight train from Budapest to Prague
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uffizi - Tours
- 2 Trip Report June 2014 Peloponnese Castles
- 3 Northern Lights - What else to see
- 4 Sicily, East & West side
- 5 Seven days in London, June, 2014
- 6 Positano - lodging recommendations
- 7 Paris in September
- 8 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 9 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 10 Taking the Scenic Route from Florence to Montepulciano
- 11 Renfe missing trains now I saw 6 mo ago
- 12 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 13 Winter in Europe - Accommodation book in advance?
- 14 Does this itinerary seem rushed? 3 week Europe Trip
- 15 Winter visit: Kitzbuhel or Arlberb
- 16 Italy - Venice to Rome via Pisa - Day trip
- 17 Cream tea
- 18 Favorite Greek Islands?
- 19 Healthy oldies visiting Eastern Europe
- 20 SHOULD I BRING A TRANSLATION PHRASE/DICTIONARY TO HUNGARY
- 21 BIG BUS TOUR IN BUDAPEST
- 22 WHAT TO WEAR/BRING TO BUDAPEST IN EARLY OCTOBER
- 23 Vineyard tours, Sept. Burgos or Leon area
- 24 Areas in Spain to visit?
- 25 Commuter trains in Spain ( Cercanías)