Our group of 21 is taking the overnight train from Budapest to Prague. We have triple sleeper cars reserved. Although this may not be the easiest way to get there, we plan on making it an adventure. As none of us have ever overnighted on a train before, I would appreciate any information and advice you can give me - such as how does our luggage get handled, can we bring our own food/drink, will they wake us up in the morning, and how much time do they allow us to get off the train? Will they wake us up during the night to check our passports as we cross borders? Also, are there restaurants in or nearby the Prague Station where we can have breakfast when we arrive? We are staying at the Hotel Ibis Praha Old Town - can we walk there or will we need to take taxis to get there? Arrangements have been made for early luggage storage and check-in there. Thanks in advance for everyone's help, Reid777
Overnight train from Budapest to Prague
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip to Europe - early 20s want to see the highlights
- 2 tour guides in rome
- 3 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 4 Bob the Navigator's drive in Tuscany?
- 5 Pix from Northern Ireland & Donegal
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Dulwich Picture Gallery
- 8 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 9 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 10 Train Travel
- 11 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 12 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 13 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 14 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 15 Preparing to drive on the Greek mainland
- 16 spain
- 17 Land v Waterways touring
- 18 We are off to France again!!
- 19 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 20 Scotland/London Itinerary Help
- 21 First trip to Paris
- 22 Champagne Country trip from Paris
- 23 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 24 is there accommodation available over summer at the Sorbonne?
- 25 Antwerp or Bruges?