We did the full-day Omaha Beach and Easy Company Tour with Dominique which included stops at Longue-Sur- Mer, Omaha Beach, Colleville Cemetery, Pointe du Hoc, Ste-Mere Eglise, Brecourt Manor and Carentan. Dominique had many interesting details and answered most of our questions, but also kept the material interesting for passengers with limited knowledge of the battle as well. This is a perfect, first-day tour in Normandy that could be followed up with additional trips to museums and sites for those who want to drill down into more detail. I would highly recommend that visitors who are not familiar with the Battle of Normandy watch Episodes 2 and 3 of "Band of Brothers" and the first 30 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" before going on this or any other WW II tour of Normandy.
Overlord D-Day Tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 2 Iwango went…to Nice
- 3 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 4 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 6 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 7 Northern Europe in April-May
- 8 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 9 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France
- 10 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 11 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 12 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 caroline_venezia
- 15 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 16 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 17 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 18 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 19 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 20 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 21 First time to Switzerland
- 22 Visiting the Azores Islands (Portugal) LOVELY LOVELY Experiences
- 23 Italy dolomites
- 24 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 25 First time Ireland trip