We did the full-day Omaha Beach and Easy Company Tour with Dominique which included stops at Longue-Sur- Mer, Omaha Beach, Colleville Cemetery, Pointe du Hoc, Ste-Mere Eglise, Brecourt Manor and Carentan. Dominique had many interesting details and answered most of our questions, but also kept the material interesting for passengers with limited knowledge of the battle as well. This is a perfect, first-day tour in Normandy that could be followed up with additional trips to museums and sites for those who want to drill down into more detail. I would highly recommend that visitors who are not familiar with the Battle of Normandy watch Episodes 2 and 3 of "Band of Brothers" and the first 30 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" before going on this or any other WW II tour of Normandy.
Overlord D-Day Tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I dream of Europe
- 2 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 3 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 4 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 5 Great London Bars with a view
- 6 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 7 Too many Trip Reports
- 8 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 9 Reykjavik hotels
- 10 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 13 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 14 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 15 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 16 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 17 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 18 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 19 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 20 Help with England/Wales tour
- 21 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 22 Hotels that we found special
- 23 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 24 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 25 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report