We did the full-day Omaha Beach and Easy Company Tour with Dominique which included stops at Longue-Sur- Mer, Omaha Beach, Colleville Cemetery, Pointe du Hoc, Ste-Mere Eglise, Brecourt Manor and Carentan. Dominique had many interesting details and answered most of our questions, but also kept the material interesting for passengers with limited knowledge of the battle as well. This is a perfect, first-day tour in Normandy that could be followed up with additional trips to museums and sites for those who want to drill down into more detail. I would highly recommend that visitors who are not familiar with the Battle of Normandy watch Episodes 2 and 3 of "Band of Brothers" and the first 30 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" before going on this or any other WW II tour of Normandy.
Overlord D-Day Tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 2 Pronunciation
- 3 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Monet in Normandy
- 6 Dublin Tour Companies
- 7 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 8 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 11 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 12 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 13 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 14 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 15 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 16 Stay near Paris
- 17 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 18 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 19 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 20 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 21 What to wear
- 22 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 23 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 24 Italy Itinerary - Draft
- 25 Sweden & Denmark Itinerary Advice