We did the full-day Omaha Beach and Easy Company Tour with Dominique which included stops at Longue-Sur- Mer, Omaha Beach, Colleville Cemetery, Pointe du Hoc, Ste-Mere Eglise, Brecourt Manor and Carentan. Dominique had many interesting details and answered most of our questions, but also kept the material interesting for passengers with limited knowledge of the battle as well. This is a perfect, first-day tour in Normandy that could be followed up with additional trips to museums and sites for those who want to drill down into more detail. I would highly recommend that visitors who are not familiar with the Battle of Normandy watch Episodes 2 and 3 of "Band of Brothers" and the first 30 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" before going on this or any other WW II tour of Normandy.
Overlord D-Day Tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 2 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 3 River Cruise: MS Amadeus Elegant- Reserve with Caution
- 4 Passport Delays
- 5 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 6 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 7 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 8 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 9 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 10 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 11 first family trip to Switzerland
- 12 Spending money in Italy?
- 13 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 14 Normandy in October
- 15 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 16 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 17 a hostel in Moscow, Russia
- 18 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 19 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 20 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 21 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 22 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 23 Train from Copenhagen to Stockholm; Best site to book and when?
- 24 Stockholm Metro Stations
- 25 Crazy Trying to Rent a Car