We did the full-day Omaha Beach and Easy Company Tour with Dominique which included stops at Longue-Sur- Mer, Omaha Beach, Colleville Cemetery, Pointe du Hoc, Ste-Mere Eglise, Brecourt Manor and Carentan. Dominique had many interesting details and answered most of our questions, but also kept the material interesting for passengers with limited knowledge of the battle as well. This is a perfect, first-day tour in Normandy that could be followed up with additional trips to museums and sites for those who want to drill down into more detail. I would highly recommend that visitors who are not familiar with the Battle of Normandy watch Episodes 2 and 3 of "Band of Brothers" and the first 30 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" before going on this or any other WW II tour of Normandy.
Overlord D-Day Tour
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 4 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 5 Albania for Beginners
- 6 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 7 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 10 Istanbul hotels
- 11 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 12 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 13 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 14 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 15 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 16 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 21 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 24 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 25 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?