We did the full-day Omaha Beach and Easy Company Tour with Dominique which included stops at Longue-Sur- Mer, Omaha Beach, Colleville Cemetery, Pointe du Hoc, Ste-Mere Eglise, Brecourt Manor and Carentan. Dominique had many interesting details and answered most of our questions, but also kept the material interesting for passengers with limited knowledge of the battle as well. This is a perfect, first-day tour in Normandy that could be followed up with additional trips to museums and sites for those who want to drill down into more detail. I would highly recommend that visitors who are not familiar with the Battle of Normandy watch Episodes 2 and 3 of "Band of Brothers" and the first 30 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" before going on this or any other WW II tour of Normandy.
Overlord D-Day Tour
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 2 Vacation Pictures
- 3 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 4 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 5 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 6 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 7 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 8 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 9 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 10 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 11 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 12 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 13 Purse week?
- 14 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 15 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 16 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 17 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 18 Looking for add on city
- 19 Help finding an apartment in Paris 7th arrond.
- 20 Vatican Museum Tour and Handbags/Backpacks
- 21 PARIS: scarlett - what about the handbags???
- 22 Ladies- Travel Handbags?
- 23 Hand made leather handbags in Venice - Trinny & Susannah recommendation
- 24 Shopping for YSL/ LV Handbags
- 25 New !travel handbags, an update please!