Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
- 1 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 2 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 3 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 4 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 5 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 6 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 7 Prague - must see
- 8 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 9 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 12 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 13 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 14 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 15 Advises for trip to Russia
- 16 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 17 First time traveler to Ireland
- 18 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 19 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 20 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 23 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 24 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 25 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?