Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 November or October for Andalucia/Portugal?
- 2 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 3 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015
- 4 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 5 If you had a do-over @ Hampton Court Palace..
- 6 Car travel from Munich-Fussen-Bad Ragaz-Interlaken: Roads?
- 7 Greenwich: Tube to DLR
- 8 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 9 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 10 Returning Oyster card at Kings Cross rail station in London
- 11 Spain in 17 days
- 12 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 13 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 14 Germany - Garmisch-Parkenkirchen - 3 Days Itinerary Advice
- 15 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 16 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 17 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 18 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 19 Inverness to Edinburgh Itinerary
- 20 German Wings
- 21 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 22 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 23 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 24 A week in Sicily doable or not?
- 25 best to buy euros in US, at airport casio, or bank in Brussels?