Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 2 Vienna and side trips
- 3 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 4 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 5 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 6 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 7 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 8 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 9 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 10 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 11 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 12 Emilia Romagna Region
- 13 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 14 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 15 Scottland for a day!
- 16 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 17 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 18 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 19 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 20 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 21 Provence planning
- 22 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 23 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 24 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 25 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May