Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 2 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 3 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 4 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 5 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 6 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 7 My summer in Paris
- 8 la spezia vs. levanto
- 9 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 10 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 11 Amsterdam and beyond
- 12 A nice, quiet and affordable place to stay?
- 13 Italy in November
- 14 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 15 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 16 Andalucia Itinerary
- 17 Southern Puglia Italy
- 18 How to get from Athens airport to Kalamata
- 19 Scottish pounds - coins too?
- 20 6 nights in Dublin
- 21 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 22 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 23 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 24 Paris food tours?
- 25 Attending Church in Rome?
Would you do it?