Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 2 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 3 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 4 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 5 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 6 Hotels that we found special
- 7 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 10 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 11 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 12 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 13 Too many Trip Reports
- 14 Great London Bars with a view
- 15 Rome Food Tour
- 16 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 18 Art in Paris
- 19 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Rental car while in Ireland
- 22 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 23 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 24 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 25 St Germain