Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 4 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 5 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 6 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 7 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 8 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 9 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 10 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 11 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 12 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 13 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 14 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 15 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 16 Southern Ireland Help
- 17 Bologna tips
- 18 London and Where Else in late December?
- 19 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 20 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 21 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 22 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 23 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 24 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 25 London - Site List Triage -