Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 2 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 3 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 4 Itinerary help
- 5 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 6 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 7 Things to do in/around Milan
- 8 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 9 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 10 South of Switzerland
- 11 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 12 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 13 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 14 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 15 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 16 michele_d or other visa-free ferry experts
- 17 Spanish Music
- 18 Now for the Venice hotel
- 19 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 20 Itinerary for Spain
- 21 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 22 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 23 Vienna to Padua Questions
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 Ireland's west coast