Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 2 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 3 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 4 Best beach town in Italy?
- 5 Is Venice really dirty?
- 6 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 7 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 10 Weekend in Norfolk
- 11 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 12 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 13 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 14 Autumn in Paris
- 15 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 16 Burgundy in May
- 17 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 18 A Greek sojourn
- 19 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 20 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 21 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 23 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 24 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 25 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary