Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 2 what to do in florence
- 3 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 4 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 5 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 6 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 7 If Greece exits
- 8 Is it worth it to add Istanbul to a trip to Greece?
- 9 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 10 Night life for 20 somethings: Madrid vs. Barcelona
- 11 Good Bed & Breakfast in Edinburgh and Liverpool?
- 12 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
- 13 Night at MSM or Honfleur?
- 14 Southern Italy Public Transportation?
- 15 a Cantal, in Auvergne
- 16 Blonde in Amsterdam & Paris: Van Gogh, Gables & the Gare d'Orsay
- 17 Solo Traveler: Santorini or Mykonos (or alternative) for 3 nights?
- 18 Help me finish this 10 day Greece itinerary!
- 19 Rome Walking Guide
- 20 A plethora of islands
- 21 Car rental Spain to France
- 22 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 23 Tales of the Texas Two; or, Ladies in London
- 24 London for work Paris for play!
- 25 Swiss Travel Pass for US citizens
Would you do it?