Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help With Vienna
- 2 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 3 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 4 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 5 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 6 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 7 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 8 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 9 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 10 Nice or Marseille??
- 11 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 12 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 15 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 16 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 17 France, Italy and Greec
- 18 gites de france or agritourism
- 19 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 22 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 25 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?