Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel to western Europe from India
- 2 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 3 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 4 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 5 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 6 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 7 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 8 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 9 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 10 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 11 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 12 Late night train from Prague
- 13 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 14 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 15 I'm in a funk
- 16 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 17 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 18 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 19 Mama Mia Italy!
- 20 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 21 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 22 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 23 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 24 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 25 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests