Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage sizing
- 2 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 3 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 4 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 5 Moving to Belfast
- 6 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 7 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 8 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 9 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 10 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 11 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 12 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 13 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 14 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 15 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 16 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 17 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 18 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 19 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 20 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 21 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 22 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 23 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 24 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 25 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015