Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 2 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 3 Ballet Bolshoi
- 4 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 5 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 6 Le Marche, Italy
- 7 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 8 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 9 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 10 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 11 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 12 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 13 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 14 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 15 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 16 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 17 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 18 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 19 Trains France/Switzerland
- 20 fear of driving in rome!
- 21 Italy trains question
- 22 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 23 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 24 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 25 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
Would you do it?