Would you do it?
If we can get time off, I'm thinking about a short trip to Paris with a visit to Pierrefronds and Reims. In Reims, the cathedral is the main draw.
I realize that this might not be an ideal time to visit, but I would like to hear about any visits to less urban France in the winter.
I will have to say that I'm still cold from a visit to St Denis a year and a half ago. That place really holds a chill.
But seriously, I rather like winter travel, even if St Denis is probably the coldest building I've ever been inside of in my life.
I'm just wondering if the setting for Pierrefronds and the outskirts of Reims will be too barren to enjoy for a brief visit of maybe two nights.
Outside of Paris in December
Would you do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions for my German friends
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 4 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 5 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 6 Chip but no PIN
- 7 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 8 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 9 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 10 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 11 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 14 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Unique Venice Activity
- 17 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 18 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 19 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 20 car rental advice in Portugal
- 21 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 24 Small group for Colosseum
- 25 Lofoten ferry