I have posted here before and received lots of do's and dont's. After taking All comments into consideration, here is what we and another couple came up with:
May 11th: arrive in rome at 8am. Take train to our florence Apt near the ponte vecchio. Roam streets and have a leisurly day to recooperate frim the flight. Dinner and bed early.
May 12: sightseeing (please let me know which sights need advance reservations).
May 13: train to venice for day trip
May 14: train to pisa/roam florence
May 15: rent car(will rent the night before) to drive through tuscany stopping at wineries and off the beeaten track towns
May 16: train to bologna
May 17th: depart for Capri in afternoon
May 18th: capri sightseeing
May 18: pompeii day trip
May 19: sail along amalfi coast making stops in sorrento, positano, and other stops(please recommend some stops and how to go about this)
May 20th: leisure day (recommendations for this day are appreciated)
May 21st: leave for rome
May 22: rome
May 23: rome
May 24: rome
May 25: rome
May 26: rome
May 26: rome
May 27: leave for home
All our hotels have a free cancellation/change policy except for the apartment in florence. We will be there until may 17th. We can add/subtract a day to carpri or rome? Should we??
Advice on Day trip recomendations from rome are appreciated.
Advice on Walking Tours in rome are appreciated.
How can we make the most of our day trip to venice?
Should we go see Pisa? Is there much to do besides the leaning tower?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 2 Leather goods in Florence
- 3 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 4 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 5 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 6 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 7 Trip to Rome
- 8 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 9 France Itinerary Advice
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 14 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 15 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 16 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 17 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 18 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 19 French election
- 20 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 21 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 22 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 23 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 24 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 25 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis