Me and my husband are planning our first Europe trip next year(from Melbourne) and we are thinking to at least go for 5 weeks. We are planning to go in September as my husband wants to go to Oktoberfest in Munich. The countries of interest are as below:
Greece: Athens and Santorini
Croatia: we would love to see this beautiful country on a 5 night cruise, if I can have some suggestions for this would be great.
Italy: Venice and Rome (not sure if I can fit Florence)
Switzerland: Interlaken and surroundings
I need your advice to see if this is doable and if I can include/not include any other places? I wanted to include Istanbul for a couple of days but not too sure about it. When do we start booking for flights and accommodation? If anyone have done similar, if they can share their itinerary would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 2 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 Seville to Cordoba
- 5 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 6 London Hotel - Different Request
- 7 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 10 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 15 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 16 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 17 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 18 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 19 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 20 Sim Cards
- 21 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 22 London in Winter Report
- 23 Portugal rental car
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan