We booked a reservation through Otel.com for a hotel is spain. You need to give your credit card details. They then tell you that unfortunately there are no rooms available at this time. We then booked the same hotel with another provider and when we arrived at the hotel found our credit card was declined! We had to use money we had brought with us for our holiday and pay with our debit card for the room. We then checked our credit card account and found that Otel.com charged us full amount for a room that didn't exist. When we contacted them we were told it was a toll free number in the UK under a sister company METGLOBAL.COM. This is in fact a phone number in the Phillipines that takes money out of your phone bill! We asked them when we could get the refund and they said 5-7 working days which we still have not received (20 days later). We told them we had no money with to enjoy our holiday and they said they would upgrade us to full board until the refund was settled. We thought this was a nice gesture however we have since found that the price of this was also deducted from our credit card at our expense!! We declined the offer of full board at the hotel as soon as we found out about this. To date OTEL.COM / METGLOBAL.COM have charged us for a room and full board which they never had, and also the cost of multiple NOT toll free numbers to the Phillipines. We have sent multiple e mails which they have not responded to. These were sent to a girl called MACY in Istanbul, and MONICA CO in the Phillipines. We have had to contact our solicitors who are looking into legal action. DO NOT USE OTEL.COM / METGLOBAL.COM
otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland
- 2 itinerary help
- 3 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 4 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 5 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 6 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 7 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 8 Toulouse and beyond -
- 9 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 10 Estonia Amber
- 11 7 days in Greece
- 12 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 13 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 14 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 15 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 16 Reims for a day
- 17 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 18 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 19 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 20 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 21 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 22 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 23 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 24 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 25 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014