We will be taking our 8th trip to Rome at the end of next month and are hoping to finally visit Ostia Antica, something that has been on our "list" for years. We will have our 3 yr old and 1 yr old sons with us, as well as my parents.
Are there licensed guides available for hire at the entrance like one finds at Pompeii and Herculaneum? Or, if a guide is desired, is it recommended to arrange beforehand?
Any idea of the cost estimate of a taxi trip from the Pantheon area? Our apartment is located nearby, and with two young children (stroller, etc), taking public transport isn't the easiest of accomplishments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:482:3831 Password Reset CONTACT ☎ YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 5 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 6 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 7 Long weekend in Albania
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 11 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 12 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 13 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 14 scotland itinerary
- 15 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 18 Hotel in Florence
- 19 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 20 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 21 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 22 Malta - how to do it?
- 23 Using CPAP machine in France
- 24 Castle Stays in Wales
- 25 Uk and Ireland