We will be taking our 8th trip to Rome at the end of next month and are hoping to finally visit Ostia Antica, something that has been on our "list" for years. We will have our 3 yr old and 1 yr old sons with us, as well as my parents.
Are there licensed guides available for hire at the entrance like one finds at Pompeii and Herculaneum? Or, if a guide is desired, is it recommended to arrange beforehand?
Any idea of the cost estimate of a taxi trip from the Pantheon area? Our apartment is located nearby, and with two young children (stroller, etc), taking public transport isn't the easiest of accomplishments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 3 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 4 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 5 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 6 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 7 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Tracking the Weather
- 10 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 11 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 12 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 13 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 14 Europe itinerary help!
- 15 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 barcelona neighborhood
- 20 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 21 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 22 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€