Ortisei or Castelrotto?
Castelrotto hands down!
Our trip: First week of October
Destination: Hotel Rodes in Ortisei in the Dolomites
Day 1: Drive from Zürich to Ortisei through Mustair Valley in Switzerland.
Day 2: Seiser Alm with a walk through Ortisei
Day 3: Scenic Drive through Dolomites and evening walk through Castelrotto
Day 4: Drive back to Zürich through Reschenpass and Sent, Ardez and back over the Fluelen pass.
We took the cable car from Ortisei up to Seiser Alm. We did a circle walk down to Incor and back to the Sonne Hotel. It was a perfect day with a perfect view of the mountains. Paradise on earth.
Drive through the Dolomites
Ortisei-Selva di Val Gardena-SELLA PASS-Pordoi Pass-Arabba-Campolongo Pass-CORVARA-Colfosco-GARDENA PASS-Ortisei
It was a cloudy day so we didn’t get the best views at Pordoi Pass but we loved Gardena Pass. Stunning. We did the drive within 4 hours and a few stops.
A smaller village located in a beautiful setting. We wandered around the village and then stopped at the huge tent they were setting up for the Kastelruth Spatzen festival next weekend. The tent will hold over 9,600 people. We loved the drive from Castelrotto up to Panider Sattel. We also enjoyed the drive from Castelrotto down to Bolzen going past Seis.
Things I’d change:
Sorry Steve but I didn’t like Ortisei. Too much smog from the cars, too far in the valley for a nice view and too loud from all the traffic. Castelrotto was the exact opposite. Green pastures, quaint town and beautiful views. I’d definitely stay in Castelrotto next time.
Hotel Rodes was OK. The food was OK, the furniture from the 70’s (showing lots of wear and tear) and the owners weren’t all too friendly. I didn’t really like the location either. The price was reasonable and the kids liked the swimming pool. I couldn’t heartily recommend it.
Thanks again to Steve and all who contributed information for the Dolomites. We loved Seiser Alm (taking the cable car from Ortisei really is the best way to get up there) and the Dolomite drive. My American relatives compared it to Bryce Canyon, parts of the Rockies and Switzerland.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 원정강원카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】온라인바카라
- 2 카지노사이트【KBK99。COM】바카라도박づ하롱베이카지노체험
- 3 아시안카지노【KBK99。COM】정선카지노밤문화づ하얏트호텔카지노
- 4 아시아카지노【KBK99。COM】카지노원정づ하이킹바카라
- 5 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼핼로바카라
- 6 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼바카라블랙잭
- 7 카지노사이트【KBK99。COM】와와바카라사이트づ한게임카지노
- 8 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼에이플러스바카라
- 9 인터넷바카라【KBK99。COM】인터넷바카라추천づ해외아시아카지노
- 10 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼바카라필승법
- 11 카지노사이트【KBK99。COM】로얄카지노추천づ카지노판돈
- 12 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼진짜카지노
- 13 아시안바카라【KBK99。COM】인터넷카지노추천づ카지노협회
- 14 아시아카지노【KBK99。COM】태양성바카라사이트づ코리아바카라노하우
- 15 바카라사이트추천＼＼【GUGA6。CoM】＼＼아시아카지노
- 16 인터넷바카라【KBK99。COM】라이브카지노추천づ코리아바카라줄타기
- 17 인터넷카지노【KBK99。COM】정통바카라사이트づ강원도카지노체험
- 18 온라인바카라【KBK99。COM】정선바카라주소づ강원우리카지노
- 19 슈퍼카지노【KBK99。COM】태양성카지노사이트づ마카오클럽주소
- 20 블랙잭카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】라이브바카라
- 21 슈퍼카지노【KBK99。COM】정선카지노주소가는길づ몬테카지노주소
- 22 아시안바카라【KBK99。COM】외국인전용카지노체험づ몬테카지노체험
- 23 태양성카지노명가【XAX111.ＣoM】라이브카지노
- 24 아시안카지노【KBK99。COM】카지노주소팁づ클락바카라
- 25 무료생방송카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아바카라
Ortisei or Castelrotto?