I would really appreciate some advice, and perhaps a dose of courage, regarding car rental out of Paris to get us to the Loire Valley.
Typically, we would take the TGV to Tours, pick up in Tours---simple, right? But, due to a wierd confluence of factors, that plan won't work.
Those factors are:
-an inflexible arrival date (it's complicated, we're staying with a host from a previous trip who can't change her dates)
-The Tours Europcar no longer has the 4-person wagon car size they had 2 years ago. (I'd prefer not to get a smaller car with the kids, luggage, and the amount of driving we'll be doing over 2 weeks.)
-Also, we'll actually be going from London to Tours---in one day if we can. Even if Europcar were to have the car we want, making the trip on trains (Eurostar then TGV to Tours), it would be a 6+ hour journey.
So... we thought we could shorten the process and fly from London to Paris (Orly or CDG) and drive from there. That lands us at CDG or Orly. At that point, we could either:
-pick up car at Orly?
-transfer out to Versailles or Chartres or _________ (fill in the blank with some other nearby town) and pick up the car there. I'd be interested in the one with the easiest connections from the airport.
-pick up car at CDG... um... no thanks. I'm not feeling confident enough to do that.
What do you all suggest?
Thanks in advance for the problem solving!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노사이트❤＼【→ RAM300.COM ←】＼바카라사이트 ❤＼【→ RAM300.COM ←】
- 2 카지노사이트❤＼【→ RAM300.COM ←】＼바카라사이트 ❤＼【→ RAM300.COM ←】
- 3 카지노사이트❤＼【→ RAM300.COM ←】＼바카라사이트 ❤＼【→ RAM300.COM ←】
- 4 카지노사이트❤＼【→ RAM300.COM ←】＼바카라사이트 ❤＼【→ RAM300.COM ←】
- 5 카지노사이트❤＼【→ RAM300.COM ←】＼바카라사이트 ❤＼【→ RAM300.COM ←】
- 6 Which area to stay in London
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 9 Algarve - is it for me?
- 10 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 11 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 12 Itinery help Crete
- 13 Naples + Walking Tour
- 14 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 15 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 16 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 17 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 18 TIM in FCO - update
- 19 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 20 16 days in France and Italy
- 21 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 22 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 24 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 25 Madrid food advice needed