Thank you much for your help before, I decided to start a new topic about where to go if anywhere between Nice and Paris. I am going in a 3 week trip between France and Italy from aug 1 to aug 22 and this was my planned itinerary.
train to Florence 3d
train to Venice 3d
plane to Nice 2d
train to lyon 2d
train to paris 6d.
My question is, by being in Paris, I don't think I need to see Lyon, what other beautiful city between Nice and Paris would you guys recommend for a day, or half a day? I would maybe like to see a different city than Paris or Nice, maybe countryside?
Options between Nice and Paris
- 1 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 2 Family European winter holiday
- 3 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 4 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 8 Dresden Train Station
- 9 Rome Accommodation
- 10 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 11 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 12 Chambermaid tipping
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 16 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 17 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 18 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 19 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 20 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 21 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 22 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 23 Greek islands from Turkey
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 rent car / Munich