I have already posted something about a 2 1/2 weeks trip to Turkey (mid-june to beginning of july). We are two students and backpackers looking for (relatively) cheap and off-the-beaten-track places that offer a good base to explore the surrounding ruins/natural sights/towns by public transportation. We are also looking to stay in places where we have close access to a market to buy food and, ideally, to a beach. After the responses that we got, here is the itinerary that we came up with:
After a flight Ljuljana-Istanbul-Bursa, we will travel by bus to Dalyan. If you have any info about this bus trip please share. We will be flying during the night and will be arriving in Bursa around 8:30 am. We are arguing wether we should rest for a night in Bursa or get to Dalyan right away. Is it simple to get from Bursa to Dlyan?
- Dalyan: 4 nights
- Patara (Gelemis) OR Olimpos OR Anamur OR Sifike (? I need your help for this choice): 4 nights
- Gorème (or Cirali?): 5 nights
- Istanbul : 5 nights
Flight back to Montreal from Istanbul.
For the tough choice on the Mediterranean coast, we are wondering: is Olimpos worth it? I know it is very much on the beaten track, but is the vibe of the place worth it?
Please go ahead and critique our choice or recommend places to stay if you have experience in these regions!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CHARTER@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre24/7
- 2 Spain - day driver advice
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 7 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 8 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 11 London with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 13 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 14 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 18 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 19 Madrird and Seville
- 20 Greece
- 21 Ludwig Castles
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 24 Lake Como AREA questions
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like