I have already posted something about a 2 1/2 weeks trip to Turkey (mid-june to beginning of july). We are two students and backpackers looking for (relatively) cheap and off-the-beaten-track places that offer a good base to explore the surrounding ruins/natural sights/towns by public transportation. We are also looking to stay in places where we have close access to a market to buy food and, ideally, to a beach. After the responses that we got, here is the itinerary that we came up with:
After a flight Ljuljana-Istanbul-Bursa, we will travel by bus to Dalyan. If you have any info about this bus trip please share. We will be flying during the night and will be arriving in Bursa around 8:30 am. We are arguing wether we should rest for a night in Bursa or get to Dalyan right away. Is it simple to get from Bursa to Dlyan?
- Dalyan: 4 nights
- Patara (Gelemis) OR Olimpos OR Anamur OR Sifike (? I need your help for this choice): 4 nights
- Gorème (or Cirali?): 5 nights
- Istanbul : 5 nights
Flight back to Montreal from Istanbul.
For the tough choice on the Mediterranean coast, we are wondering: is Olimpos worth it? I know it is very much on the beaten track, but is the vibe of the place worth it?
Please go ahead and critique our choice or recommend places to stay if you have experience in these regions!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Ireland itinerary help please
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 CDG much improved
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Italy bus or train
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?