I am currently drawing an itinerary for a 2 weeks and a half trip (june-july 2012) on the Turkish Aegean and Mediterranean coast. I would like to know if there are such towns that are unspoiled by tourism OR that have a nice student/backpackers vibe. They must be a good base to visit the surrounding ruins or natural attractions.
Here are a few details. Me and my friend will be backpacking on a budget mainly on the coasts, but also in Capadoccia. We will be travelling by public transportation. Here are the main places that we want to see:
- Éphesus (Prieme, Miletus, Didyma, Miletus)
- Dilek National Park
- Nermut Dragi
Here are the towns that interest us:
- Goreme (or Capadoccia in general)
- Ankara (is it worth it?)
I know I might look for something that is rather impossible to find, but I will gladly take any recommendation. Please feel free to tell your opinion about the places you've stayed at!
opinions please : un-touristy, cheap, authentic towns on the turkish coast?
- 1 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 2 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 3 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 4 Do and don't, eating in France
- 5 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 6 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 7 Spain with kids
- 8 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 9 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 10 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 11 Places to visit from London
- 12 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 13 Meeting up at CDG
- 14 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 15 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 16 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 17 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 18 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 19 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 20 Paris Ticket t+
- 21 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 22 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 23 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 24 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 25 Getting the best our of Europe