I am currently drawing an itinerary for a 2 weeks and a half trip (june-july 2012) on the Turkish Aegean and Mediterranean coast. I would like to know if there are such towns that are unspoiled by tourism OR that have a nice student/backpackers vibe. They must be a good base to visit the surrounding ruins or natural attractions.
Here are a few details. Me and my friend will be backpacking on a budget mainly on the coasts, but also in Capadoccia. We will be travelling by public transportation. Here are the main places that we want to see:
- Éphesus (Prieme, Miletus, Didyma, Miletus)
- Dilek National Park
- Nermut Dragi
Here are the towns that interest us:
- Goreme (or Capadoccia in general)
- Ankara (is it worth it?)
I know I might look for something that is rather impossible to find, but I will gladly take any recommendation. Please feel free to tell your opinion about the places you've stayed at!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US: SBCGLOBAL Mail Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 Sbcglobal mail
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 4 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 5 Paris for children
- 6 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 7 Couscous
- 8 London in Winter Report
- 9 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 10 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 12 16 days in France and Italy
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 IWM
- 17 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 18 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 19 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 20 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 21 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 22 quickest way to Prague
- 23 Scotland - We're Here!
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
opinions please : un-touristy, cheap, authentic towns on the turkish coast?