I am currently drawing an itinerary for a 2 weeks and a half trip (june-july 2012) on the Turkish Aegean and Mediterranean coast. I would like to know if there are such towns that are unspoiled by tourism OR that have a nice student/backpackers vibe. They must be a good base to visit the surrounding ruins or natural attractions.
Here are a few details. Me and my friend will be backpacking on a budget mainly on the coasts, but also in Capadoccia. We will be travelling by public transportation. Here are the main places that we want to see:
- Éphesus (Prieme, Miletus, Didyma, Miletus)
- Dilek National Park
- Nermut Dragi
Here are the towns that interest us:
- Goreme (or Capadoccia in general)
- Ankara (is it worth it?)
I know I might look for something that is rather impossible to find, but I will gladly take any recommendation. Please feel free to tell your opinion about the places you've stayed at!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 4 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 7 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 8 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 11 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 Iceland for Nine Days
- 15 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
opinions please : un-touristy, cheap, authentic towns on the turkish coast?