I am currently drawing an itinerary for a 2 weeks and a half trip (june-july 2012) on the Turkish Aegean and Mediterranean coast. I would like to know if there are such towns that are unspoiled by tourism OR that have a nice student/backpackers vibe. They must be a good base to visit the surrounding ruins or natural attractions.
Here are a few details. Me and my friend will be backpacking on a budget mainly on the coasts, but also in Capadoccia. We will be travelling by public transportation. Here are the main places that we want to see:
- Éphesus (Prieme, Miletus, Didyma, Miletus)
- Dilek National Park
- Nermut Dragi
Here are the towns that interest us:
- Goreme (or Capadoccia in general)
- Ankara (is it worth it?)
I know I might look for something that is rather impossible to find, but I will gladly take any recommendation. Please feel free to tell your opinion about the places you've stayed at!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 2 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 3 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 4 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 5 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 6 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 7 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 8 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 9 Do most people find a place to pitch a tent, tour europe
- 10 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 11 Cinqueterre
- 12 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 13 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 14 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 15 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 16 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 17 YIKES!
- 18 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 19 Final Four
- 20 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 21 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 22 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 23 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 24 Cash machines ATM
- 25 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
opinions please : un-touristy, cheap, authentic towns on the turkish coast?