Spending 9 nights in Europe in late May.
We (husband and sons -25 and 21) arrive in Amsterdam and will spend the first 6 nights in Amsterdam/Bruges with daytrips to neighboring must-see towns.
Would like to spend last three nights in either Copenhagen or Prague. We love history, art, eating, and exploring the cities’ neighborhoods and shops -(not necessarily in that order!). Did I mention eating?
So my basic questions are-based on info above, and the vast knowledge and generosity I’ve experienced on these forums, and completely understanding the subjective nature of the question:
1) Which of the two cities might best complement the first part of the trip?
2) Does my split of nights (6) and (3) make sense? I can always revise the times spent in each place once we make the decision of where to end end our trip.
Also- ease and economics of getting to our final destination (Copenhagen or Prague) from most likely Brussels is somewhat (but not major) a consideration.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Spain
- 2 Germany-Car or Train
- 3 Brussels flower tapestry
- 4 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 5 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 6 Lake Como,Italy
- 7 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Valencia Spain
- 10 Language to use in Belgium
- 11 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 12 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 15 Places to visit from Zurich
- 16 SURPRISE TRIP
- 17 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 18 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 23 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 Getting to Naxos and Santorini