Spending 9 nights in Europe in late May.
We (husband and sons -25 and 21) arrive in Amsterdam and will spend the first 6 nights in Amsterdam/Bruges with daytrips to neighboring must-see towns.
Would like to spend last three nights in either Copenhagen or Prague. We love history, art, eating, and exploring the cities’ neighborhoods and shops -(not necessarily in that order!). Did I mention eating?
So my basic questions are-based on info above, and the vast knowledge and generosity I’ve experienced on these forums, and completely understanding the subjective nature of the question:
1) Which of the two cities might best complement the first part of the trip?
2) Does my split of nights (6) and (3) make sense? I can always revise the times spent in each place once we make the decision of where to end end our trip.
Also- ease and economics of getting to our final destination (Copenhagen or Prague) from most likely Brussels is somewhat (but not major) a consideration.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 2 Cappadocia in June
- 3 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 4 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 5 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 6 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 7 Ibiiza Spain
- 8 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 9 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 10 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 11 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 13 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 14 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 15 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 16 3 nights in Madrid
- 17 Help with Ireland Trip
- 18 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 19 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 20 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 21 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 22 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 25 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?