Spending 9 nights in Europe in late May.
We (husband and sons -25 and 21) arrive in Amsterdam and will spend the first 6 nights in Amsterdam/Bruges with daytrips to neighboring must-see towns.
Would like to spend last three nights in either Copenhagen or Prague. We love history, art, eating, and exploring the cities’ neighborhoods and shops -(not necessarily in that order!). Did I mention eating?
So my basic questions are-based on info above, and the vast knowledge and generosity I’ve experienced on these forums, and completely understanding the subjective nature of the question:
1) Which of the two cities might best complement the first part of the trip?
2) Does my split of nights (6) and (3) make sense? I can always revise the times spent in each place once we make the decision of where to end end our trip.
Also- ease and economics of getting to our final destination (Copenhagen or Prague) from most likely Brussels is somewhat (but not major) a consideration.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 3 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Trains in Alps and UK
- 6 CDG airport and connection time
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 San Sebastian
- 11 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 12 car for four adults and four bikes
- 13 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 14 Barcelona cooking classes
- 15 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 4 days itinerary for France
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 25 Itinerary and transportation suggestions