I visited the UK many times and found Oxford, York, Bath, Edinburgh and obviously London to rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations. I want to ask you about 4 places. (1) I hear that Manchester used to look like an industrial city and has been transformed in recent years and is now a center for contemporary museums and a strong nightlife scene. With that said, from a tourist perspective, I am not sure whether Manchester should rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations or whether it is more of a place to visit only if you are in the area or whether it is mostly a ‘special interest’ destination, a city that is mostly good for partying. Is it simply a clean and modern looking place or is it an attractive destination? What do you think? (2) I have the same question for Newcastle (upon Tyne). (3) Lastly regarding Canterbury, do you think it is anything special or just so-so? Is the reason to visit predominately the gorgeous cathedral or is the town as a whole rather quite attractive? (4) Lastly, it has been years since I was in Cambridge. I remember it being okay, but nowhere near as attractive as rivaling Oxford. However, I could be wrong because it has been a while. What do you think?
Opinions on 4 Well-Known UK Destinations
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 3 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 4 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 5 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 6 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 7 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 8 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 9 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 10 Bruges B&Bs
- 11 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 12 Rhine River Intinerary
- 13 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 14 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 15 florence hotel
- 16 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 17 Getting a Water Taxi during Festa Del Redentore
- 18 Sardinia, Italy
- 19 Iceland Road trip in May
- 20 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 21 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 22 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 23 Don't slight Bruges
- 24 Beauty Products in France?!
- 25 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days