I visited the UK many times and found Oxford, York, Bath, Edinburgh and obviously London to rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations. I want to ask you about 4 places. (1) I hear that Manchester used to look like an industrial city and has been transformed in recent years and is now a center for contemporary museums and a strong nightlife scene. With that said, from a tourist perspective, I am not sure whether Manchester should rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations or whether it is more of a place to visit only if you are in the area or whether it is mostly a ‘special interest’ destination, a city that is mostly good for partying. Is it simply a clean and modern looking place or is it an attractive destination? What do you think? (2) I have the same question for Newcastle (upon Tyne). (3) Lastly regarding Canterbury, do you think it is anything special or just so-so? Is the reason to visit predominately the gorgeous cathedral or is the town as a whole rather quite attractive? (4) Lastly, it has been years since I was in Cambridge. I remember it being okay, but nowhere near as attractive as rivaling Oxford. However, I could be wrong because it has been a while. What do you think?
Opinions on 4 Well-Known UK Destinations
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 3 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 Help: Lake District & Yorkshire Dales
- 6 Overnight stopover in London!
- 7 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 8 To Paris and Provence in June
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 12 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 13 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 14 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 15 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 16 Walking around Barcelona??
- 17 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 18 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 19 Novels set in Greece
- 20 Spain and Portugal
- 21 Three for the road
- 22 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 25 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested