I visited the UK many times and found Oxford, York, Bath, Edinburgh and obviously London to rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations. I want to ask you about 4 places. (1) I hear that Manchester used to look like an industrial city and has been transformed in recent years and is now a center for contemporary museums and a strong nightlife scene. With that said, from a tourist perspective, I am not sure whether Manchester should rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations or whether it is more of a place to visit only if you are in the area or whether it is mostly a ‘special interest’ destination, a city that is mostly good for partying. Is it simply a clean and modern looking place or is it an attractive destination? What do you think? (2) I have the same question for Newcastle (upon Tyne). (3) Lastly regarding Canterbury, do you think it is anything special or just so-so? Is the reason to visit predominately the gorgeous cathedral or is the town as a whole rather quite attractive? (4) Lastly, it has been years since I was in Cambridge. I remember it being okay, but nowhere near as attractive as rivaling Oxford. However, I could be wrong because it has been a while. What do you think?
Opinions on 4 Well-Known UK Destinations
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 2 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 3 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 4 Affordable London Hotel
- 5 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 6 Parisian Pickpockets
- 7 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 8 Paris Ticket t+
- 9 Help for first timers
- 10 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 11 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 12 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 13 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 14 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 15 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 16 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 17 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 18 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 19 Benita In Paris
- 20 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 21 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 22 Driving through Europe
- 23 Romania Tour Guide
- 24 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 25 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help