I visited the UK many times and found Oxford, York, Bath, Edinburgh and obviously London to rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations. I want to ask you about 4 places. (1) I hear that Manchester used to look like an industrial city and has been transformed in recent years and is now a center for contemporary museums and a strong nightlife scene. With that said, from a tourist perspective, I am not sure whether Manchester should rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations or whether it is more of a place to visit only if you are in the area or whether it is mostly a ‘special interest’ destination, a city that is mostly good for partying. Is it simply a clean and modern looking place or is it an attractive destination? What do you think? (2) I have the same question for Newcastle (upon Tyne). (3) Lastly regarding Canterbury, do you think it is anything special or just so-so? Is the reason to visit predominately the gorgeous cathedral or is the town as a whole rather quite attractive? (4) Lastly, it has been years since I was in Cambridge. I remember it being okay, but nowhere near as attractive as rivaling Oxford. However, I could be wrong because it has been a while. What do you think?
Opinions on 4 Well-Known UK Destinations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 2 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 3 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 4 Back home problems with sim card
- 5 Budapest
- 6 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 7 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 8 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 9 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 10 Budapest--baggage storage
- 11 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 12 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 13 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 14 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 15 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 16 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 17 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 18 How do you find French food?
- 19 Day trips from Seville
- 20 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 21 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 22 GPS in Tuscany
- 23 Are Tatras worth the trip?
- 24 Best day to look for economic flights
- 25 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?