I visited the UK many times and found Oxford, York, Bath, Edinburgh and obviously London to rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations. I want to ask you about 4 places. (1) I hear that Manchester used to look like an industrial city and has been transformed in recent years and is now a center for contemporary museums and a strong nightlife scene. With that said, from a tourist perspective, I am not sure whether Manchester should rank among the UK’s greatest urban sightseeing destinations or whether it is more of a place to visit only if you are in the area or whether it is mostly a ‘special interest’ destination, a city that is mostly good for partying. Is it simply a clean and modern looking place or is it an attractive destination? What do you think? (2) I have the same question for Newcastle (upon Tyne). (3) Lastly regarding Canterbury, do you think it is anything special or just so-so? Is the reason to visit predominately the gorgeous cathedral or is the town as a whole rather quite attractive? (4) Lastly, it has been years since I was in Cambridge. I remember it being okay, but nowhere near as attractive as rivaling Oxford. However, I could be wrong because it has been a while. What do you think?
Opinions on 4 Well-Known UK Destinations
- 1 London for Christmas
- 2 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 3 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Travel by train or bus
- 7 Planning a holiday
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 10 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 11 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 14 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 15 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 16 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 17 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 20 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 21 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 22 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 23 Sicily 10 days
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!