I've been agonizing over our choice of apartment in Paris and I would love some opinions on neighborhood. I hope you will be patient with me. I know I'm asking about a lot of properties (5), but I don't know how to narrow this down. I have read as many reviews as I can, I have mapped the properties, and distances from them to some of the sights we want to see. I just feel that someone familiar with the city could help me figure out the neighborhoods. For what it's worth, I would be happy in any of these apartments based on the pictures, price, etc I'm just really unsure of neighborhoods.
We are working with Vacations in Paris based on reviews here and the fact that we can get keys to most of their apartments mailed to us. We land at 6 a.m. (we would never have booked that flight but Delta changed our flight time by 4 hours!) and are told we would be able to get into the apartment right away if we start our rental the previous day. We are happy to pay for an extra night to have this peace of mind.
We are a couple with 2 children, ages 7 and 9, and I believe my 67 year old mother will be with us as well. We'll be arriving in early July and staying 1 week before continuing our travels in Provence and the Cote D'Azur. We live in the suburbs now, but have lived in cities and would love to be in a lively neighborhood in Paris.
We are happy to take the Metro to most of the sights we'd like to see. I'm most concerned that we have small markets, cafes and restaurants in our neighborhood. I also love shopping. It would also be nice to have a few sights to see in our neighborhood, in case some of our group wants to go back to the apartment for downtime, and the others want to sneak out for a short time.
These are the apartments I'm considering:
ID#136 - Marais Beauté Two Bedroom Tres Chic! -
19 rue Pastourelle
This space looks perfect, I just wish it were closer to Place des Vosges or the Seine so we could walk to some sights. Are there good family restaurants and cafes in this neighborhood? Would there be anything to see in walking distance (walking distance for a 7 year old and a 67 year old)?
ID#183 - Astrolabe Two Bedroom
7 villa de l'Astrolabe
I haven't visited Montparnasse on previous Paris visits, but it sounds like this could be a cool neighborhood. I need to confirm whether it sleeps 4 or 5 as the description contradicts itself in various places.
ID#193 - Arc de Triomphe with Views! Designer Two Bedroom
7 Avenue Beaucour
This apartment looks really gorgeous and the listing makes it sound as though it is within walking distance to many things, but again, I've never visited this neighborhood and don't know if there is much nearby. I see it is near the Rue de Faubourg St. Honore, which would be fun as I love to shop, but I don't know if there is much on that street in this area. I have only been on it closer to the Louvre.
ID#219 - Duquesne Delight!
25 ave Duquesne
Near Champs de Mars - again, maybe this neighborhood is too quiet?
ID#257 - Marais Beaubourg Two Bedroom Apartment
50 rue Volta
I have stayed closer to the Beaubourg before so this would be in walking distance to areas I have been near before.
Thank you in advance for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 3 DUBROVNIK: staying inside oldtown vs Hotel Excelsior/Hilton?
- 4 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 5 London in Winter Report
- 6 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 7 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 8 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 9 Airport Transit Visa
- 10 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 11 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 12 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 13 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 14 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 15 Paris advice with kids
- 16 Anniversary trip to France
- 17 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 18 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 19 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 20 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 21 International drivers permit
- 22 Moscow Favorites
- 23 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 24 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 25 Worst flight booking with edreams