I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Only one day in London and half a day in Reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 history museums or locations
- 2 Normandy and Loire
- 3 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 4 Hotels/B&B's in Monterosso
- 5 malta
- 6 Northern Europe in April-May
- 7 First time Ireland trip
- 8 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 9 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 10 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 11 Iwango went…to Nice
- 12 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 13 5 Observations About Paris
- 14 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 15 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 16 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 17 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 18 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 19 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 20 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France
- 21 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 22 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 23 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 caroline_venezia