I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Only one day in London and half a day in Reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 2 South of France
- 3 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 4 Want to sell Pashmina but didnt find the store.
- 5 Car hire location price differences
- 6 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 7 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 8 Ukraine Travel 2014
- 9 Making reservations in Italy
- 10 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 11 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 12 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 13 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 14 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 15 Vienna and side trips
- 16 18 Days in Turkey
- 17 small group tours of turkey and greece
- 18 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 19 VIGO, SPAIN
- 20 Someone please check my Spain itinerary...
- 21 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 22 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 23 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 24 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 25 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!