I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EuropeanDestinations
- 2 Is it possible to see the Cotswolds without renting a car?
- 3 motorhome route for 2wks trip to Italy
- 4 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 5 One champagne tour in Reims
- 6 Drink Suggestions in English Pubs
- 7 Pousadas
- 8 I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?
- 9 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 10 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 11 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 12 Need to purchase British currency from US
- 13 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 14 Frankfurt airport--destination Alsace
- 15 Itinerary Cote d'azur from Nice
- 16 Staying over visa expiration.
- 17 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 18 My Trip to Spain blew up. Need Barcelona help
- 19 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 20 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 21 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 22 Bruges for 1st time
- 23 1st time European Experience- Ireland, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, or Other?
- 24 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 25 Private Guide for Rome tour ( by Van or limo)?