I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 2 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 3 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 4 Lost ring
- 5 First trip to Italy
- 6 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 7 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 8 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 9 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 10 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 11 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 12 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 13 First Time Solo Travel info
- 14 Oxford 24 hours
- 15 Andalucia in December
- 16 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 17 Budapest Hotels
- 18 Vienna or Budapest?
- 19 Sliema, Malta
- 20 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 21 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 22 Looking for supermarkets, grocery shops in Valletta
- 23 London's Must Sights!
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Apartment Review - Amsterdam