I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 3 Where are the ALERT buttons for unreadable Asian-language messages?
- 4 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 5 Killarney
- 6 Madrid/Lisbon
- 7 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 10 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 11 Rome-Itinerary
- 12 Walking itinerary in England?
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 24 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 25 Greek fuel cost