I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Only one day in London and half a day in Reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 2 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 3 German Wings
- 4 Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?
- 5 Bologna Restaurants
- 6 November or October for Andalucia/Portugal?
- 7 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 8 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 9 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 10 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 11 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 12 Sea side in Italy
- 13 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 14 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 15 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 16 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 17 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 18 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 19 Spain in 17 days
- 20 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 21 Help! Anyone else victim of Hertz rental car return "damages" charge scam?
- 22 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 23 Our first trip to Europe
- 24 Booking Engines You trust?
- 25 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles