I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Travel in March
- 2 http://boosthightestosterones.com/nitrobuild-plus/
- 3 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 4 Europe itinerary
- 5 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 6 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 7 Iceland in 4 days?
- 8 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 9 Southern Italy
- 10 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 11 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 12 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Amsterdam
- 14 Madrid city centre?
- 15 Barcelona extension
- 16 Ireland driving itinerary
- 17 Slovania & Croatia
- 18 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 19 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 20 Barcelona Car rental return
- 21 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 22 Manchester on derby weekend
- 23 BIKE AND BARGE
- 24 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 25 Restaurants and sights in Puglia