I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Only one day in London and half a day in Reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 2nd time around
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 4 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 5 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 6 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 7 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 8 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 9 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 10 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 11 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 12 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 13 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 14 Rovinj, Croatia
- 15 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 16 Paris November 2014
- 17 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 18 Traveling in France by train
- 19 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 20 Unique Venice Activity
- 21 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 22 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 23 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 24 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 25 Do unused RATP tickets expire?