I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome and Venice in December
- 2 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 3 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 4 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 5 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 6 Safest way to get to Dunkerque from Calais ferry terminal
- 7 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 8 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 9 permits. Has been proven to no other treatment
- 10 Shopping in Paris
- 11 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 12 Brussels Airport
- 13 spanish winery region(s)
- 14 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 15 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 16 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 17 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 18 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 19 Malta: baby food?
- 20 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 21 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 22 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 23 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 24 2 London theatre recommendations
- 25 Austria czech republic itinerary