I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Only one day in London and half a day in Reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 2 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 3 Itinerary Help!
- 4 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 5 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 9 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 10 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 11 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 Street food in Turkey
- 14 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 15 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 16 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 17 Toulouse and beyond -
- 18 One week in Venice - trips
- 19 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 20 Scotland
- 21 9 days in turkey
- 22 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 23 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 24 UK for 12 days !
- 25 day trip to Lake Como from Milan