I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Only one day in London and half a day in Reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 2 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 3 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 4 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 5 Apartment Madrid location/review
- 6 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 7 Looking for add on city
- 8 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 9 walking guide in Paris
- 10 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 11 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 12 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 13 HM Car rental in Croatia...need feedback/advice
- 14 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 15 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 16 Trip to Pyrenees
- 17 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 18 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 19 Wine tours - without a car and on a budget!
- 20 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 21 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 22 Tour Company in Russia
- 23 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 24 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 25 Help Me Fill in the Blanks