I'll be traveling to the UK from the states in a few weeks for a business trip, and my schedule allows me just one free day in London and a free afternoon in Reading (which is where I'll be staying for the business part of the trip). Several questions here, and I'd appreciate any advice.
First, how do you boil down all the sites of London to just one day? I've been to London once before, about 15 years ago, also for just one day. I visited Westminster Abby, and although I found it fascinating, I don't need to see it again. Also saw the Changing of the Guard, so don't need to revisit that. Everything else, though, is on the table! I suppose a double-decker bus tour might be the best for my short timeframe, but I would love to hear any other tips or advice. I love English history and good people-watching spots. Thinking of the Tower of London, St. Paul's, the London Eye, Covent Garden... I just don't know what's realistic for one day.
Also, what to do in Reading? It sounds like this isn't exactly a tourist hot spot, but I'd love some tips on what to see either in Reading or very nearby. I only have one afternoon free, and I'd be happy just walking around town. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Only one day in London and half a day in Reading
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London neighborhood suggestions
- 2 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 3 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 4 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 5 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 6 Restaurants in Spain
- 7 big family in Ireland
- 8 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Touring Dover Castle
- 11 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 12 Ireland itinerary
- 13 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 16 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 17 Cell phones in Ireland
- 18 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 19 7 Nights in Paris
- 20 Santorini transportation
- 21 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 24 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?