Based on flying using miles, our best option home was to go through Milan (from Athens). Our ship docks amin Piraeus, but no earlier flights so we are arriving into Milan on May 25th at 5:00pm (too late for the train south to Cinque Terre). We fly out of Milan for the USA on May 28th at 9:30am, too early to drive back from Cinque Terre that morning. If we rent a car at MXP and drive to Levanto or close, arriving at 9 pm, we will have 2 days to see Cinque Terre and then drive back on the 27th to Milan and overnight. I need transportation/parking advice and which town to stay in at Cinque Terre and whether to stay in Milan downtown or near the aiport. A 2 day car rental would mean dropping the car back at MXP by 5 pm on the 27th. We are a couple aged 60 and probably won't hike, just see all the villages by train and boat and we know our car will probably just sit somewhere, but I wanted to avoid the overnight in Milan both ways.
only have 2 days for Cinque Terre trip from Milan - need advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 2 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 3 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 4 Paris in black and white
- 5 10 days to Explore Europe
- 6 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 7 Looking for advice about travel insurance
- 8 plug adapters ITALY
- 9 How much luggage?????
- 10 Transfer Milan airport
- 11 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 12 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 13 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 14 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 15 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 16 London for Free
- 17 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 18 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 19 Day Trips from Nice
- 20 Help with France itinerary
- 21 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 22 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 23 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 24 Tour Iceland Safely On Line (Video + Stills)
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal