Based on flying using miles, our best option home was to go through Milan (from Athens). Our ship docks amin Piraeus, but no earlier flights so we are arriving into Milan on May 25th at 5:00pm (too late for the train south to Cinque Terre). We fly out of Milan for the USA on May 28th at 9:30am, too early to drive back from Cinque Terre that morning. If we rent a car at MXP and drive to Levanto or close, arriving at 9 pm, we will have 2 days to see Cinque Terre and then drive back on the 27th to Milan and overnight. I need transportation/parking advice and which town to stay in at Cinque Terre and whether to stay in Milan downtown or near the aiport. A 2 day car rental would mean dropping the car back at MXP by 5 pm on the 27th. We are a couple aged 60 and probably won't hike, just see all the villages by train and boat and we know our car will probably just sit somewhere, but I wanted to avoid the overnight in Milan both ways.
only have 2 days for Cinque Terre trip from Milan - need advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 2 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 3 London tube
- 4 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 5 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 6 Zurich, Switzerland
- 7 Day trip from London to Paris
- 8 Europe in 21 days
- 9 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 10 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 11 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 12 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 13 one last portugal car rental question
- 14 Venice
- 15 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 16 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 17 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 18 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 19 A drive in Europe
- 20 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 21 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 22 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 23 Hotel in Venice
- 24 Day trip on the Rhine
- 25 Avignon to London?