Based on flying using miles, our best option home was to go through Milan (from Athens). Our ship docks amin Piraeus, but no earlier flights so we are arriving into Milan on May 25th at 5:00pm (too late for the train south to Cinque Terre). We fly out of Milan for the USA on May 28th at 9:30am, too early to drive back from Cinque Terre that morning. If we rent a car at MXP and drive to Levanto or close, arriving at 9 pm, we will have 2 days to see Cinque Terre and then drive back on the 27th to Milan and overnight. I need transportation/parking advice and which town to stay in at Cinque Terre and whether to stay in Milan downtown or near the aiport. A 2 day car rental would mean dropping the car back at MXP by 5 pm on the 27th. We are a couple aged 60 and probably won't hike, just see all the villages by train and boat and we know our car will probably just sit somewhere, but I wanted to avoid the overnight in Milan both ways.
only have 2 days for Cinque Terre trip from Milan - need advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian cooking classes
- 2 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 3 Amalfi coast in 4 days starting today, plz advise.
- 4 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 5 Small group for Colosseum
- 6 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 7 London visit
- 8 best time to book accommodation
- 9 Useful website for France
- 10 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 11 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 12 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 13 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 14 SIM card for eastern europe
- 15 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 16 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 17 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 18 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 19 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 20 Monet in Normandy
- 21 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 23 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 24 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 25 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons