I know it's a bit last-minute, but we're considering to visit the Fjords region between the dates May 8-15. Arrival and departure will be from Oslo.
I already asked about the weather conditions and April, and now we moved our plans to early May.
We're looking for a very "quiet" trip, with focus on countryside, fjords, and since it's only a week, to skip Oslo or other cities.
We really like driving around on scenic routes and stay in beautiful landscape, but knowing the distances between cities and sites in Norway in our limited time (one week), I am considering a few options:
1) hire a car in Oslo and begin a road trip to the fjords region around Bergen and back to Oslo
2) travel to Bergen by train, hire a car in Bergen and do a road trip from there, and then back to Oslo by train
3) chose one of the organized tours like "Norway in a Nutshell", although we prefer not to travel in groups.
I would be grateful if you could advise this about this, and what you think would be the best option.
I've been following the weather forecast lately, and I'm also interested in your impressions on the expected weather conditions this year in early May.
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 USA**+27737016174`Herbalist healers in Europe,England,London
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 4 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 5 Venice
- 6 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 7 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 9 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 10 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 11 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 12 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 13 Porto and vicinity
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 16 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 17 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 18 Norway fjord
- 19 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 20 7 days in Greece
- 21 Italy
- 22 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 23 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 24 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 25 Amsterdam Trip Report