I know it's a bit last-minute, but we're considering to visit the Fjords region between the dates May 8-15. Arrival and departure will be from Oslo.
I already asked about the weather conditions and April, and now we moved our plans to early May.
We're looking for a very "quiet" trip, with focus on countryside, fjords, and since it's only a week, to skip Oslo or other cities.
We really like driving around on scenic routes and stay in beautiful landscape, but knowing the distances between cities and sites in Norway in our limited time (one week), I am considering a few options:
1) hire a car in Oslo and begin a road trip to the fjords region around Bergen and back to Oslo
2) travel to Bergen by train, hire a car in Bergen and do a road trip from there, and then back to Oslo by train
3) chose one of the organized tours like "Norway in a Nutshell", although we prefer not to travel in groups.
I would be grateful if you could advise this about this, and what you think would be the best option.
I've been following the weather forecast lately, and I'm also interested in your impressions on the expected weather conditions this year in early May.
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6-7 Days in France
- 2 International Flight Question
- 3 5 Days in Switzerland
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 8 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 9 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 10 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 11 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 12 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 13 Bremerhaven and environs
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 16 Spain in July
- 17 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 18 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 19 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 20 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 23 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 24 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 25 We're here!