I know it's a bit last-minute, but we're considering to visit the Fjords region between the dates May 8-15. Arrival and departure will be from Oslo.
I already asked about the weather conditions and April, and now we moved our plans to early May.
We're looking for a very "quiet" trip, with focus on countryside, fjords, and since it's only a week, to skip Oslo or other cities.
We really like driving around on scenic routes and stay in beautiful landscape, but knowing the distances between cities and sites in Norway in our limited time (one week), I am considering a few options:
1) hire a car in Oslo and begin a road trip to the fjords region around Bergen and back to Oslo
2) travel to Bergen by train, hire a car in Bergen and do a road trip from there, and then back to Oslo by train
3) chose one of the organized tours like "Norway in a Nutshell", although we prefer not to travel in groups.
I would be grateful if you could advise this about this, and what you think would be the best option.
I've been following the weather forecast lately, and I'm also interested in your impressions on the expected weather conditions this year in early May.
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 2 13 nights in switzerland
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 Germany-Car or Train
- 7 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 8 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Getting around London
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 WWI sites
- 16 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 Paris in August
- 19 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 Christmas in Spain
- 22 Brussels flower tapestry
- 23 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe