I know it's a bit last-minute, but we're considering to visit the Fjords region between the dates May 8-15. Arrival and departure will be from Oslo.
I already asked about the weather conditions and April, and now we moved our plans to early May.
We're looking for a very "quiet" trip, with focus on countryside, fjords, and since it's only a week, to skip Oslo or other cities.
We really like driving around on scenic routes and stay in beautiful landscape, but knowing the distances between cities and sites in Norway in our limited time (one week), I am considering a few options:
1) hire a car in Oslo and begin a road trip to the fjords region around Bergen and back to Oslo
2) travel to Bergen by train, hire a car in Bergen and do a road trip from there, and then back to Oslo by train
3) chose one of the organized tours like "Norway in a Nutshell", although we prefer not to travel in groups.
I would be grateful if you could advise this about this, and what you think would be the best option.
I've been following the weather forecast lately, and I'm also interested in your impressions on the expected weather conditions this year in early May.
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 2 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 7 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 8 Alitala
- 9 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 17 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 18 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 19 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 20 Europe First Timers
- 21 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 22 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 25 Iceland for Nine Days