A friend and I are going to Madrid for a week in mid June. We fly in and out of Madrid but would also like to see the surrounding towns. We are looking at going to Toledo and Segovia, possibly spending a night in each.
Basically, we want to make the most of our time in Madrid and the surrounds. We have been to Barcelona previously and will like visit Northern and Southern Spain on future trips so would like to see the area around Madrid properly on this visit rather than travel around Spain.
We plan on using public transportation and want to work out how best to optimise our time so as to visit the nicest towns, spend time in Madrid (how many days would we need to spend in Madrid?) and have a relaxing holiday also!
Any suggestions as to hotels, towns, transport etc. much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 2 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 3 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 4 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 5 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 6 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 7 Trip to Rome
- 8 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 9 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 10 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 12 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 13 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 14 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 15 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 16 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 17 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 22 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 25 Help required with Itinerary