A friend and I are going to Madrid for a week in mid June. We fly in and out of Madrid but would also like to see the surrounding towns. We are looking at going to Toledo and Segovia, possibly spending a night in each.
Basically, we want to make the most of our time in Madrid and the surrounds. We have been to Barcelona previously and will like visit Northern and Southern Spain on future trips so would like to see the area around Madrid properly on this visit rather than travel around Spain.
We plan on using public transportation and want to work out how best to optimise our time so as to visit the nicest towns, spend time in Madrid (how many days would we need to spend in Madrid?) and have a relaxing holiday also!
Any suggestions as to hotels, towns, transport etc. much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 An evening in London
- 3 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 6 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 7 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 10 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 11 Chur or St Moritz?
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 14 Safety in Rome
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 19 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 20 Athens Help
- 21 Uber vs. TfL
- 22 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 23 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 24 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Apartment Montreux area