A friend and I are going to Madrid for a week in mid June. We fly in and out of Madrid but would also like to see the surrounding towns. We are looking at going to Toledo and Segovia, possibly spending a night in each.
Basically, we want to make the most of our time in Madrid and the surrounds. We have been to Barcelona previously and will like visit Northern and Southern Spain on future trips so would like to see the area around Madrid properly on this visit rather than travel around Spain.
We plan on using public transportation and want to work out how best to optimise our time so as to visit the nicest towns, spend time in Madrid (how many days would we need to spend in Madrid?) and have a relaxing holiday also!
Any suggestions as to hotels, towns, transport etc. much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 2 Driving from Prague to Salzburg by way of Cesky Krumlov
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 6 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 7 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 10 Versailles
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 15 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 16 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Acorn TV
- 19 Train help for Prague
- 20 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 21 Sicily
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You