A friend and I are going to Madrid for a week in mid June. We fly in and out of Madrid but would also like to see the surrounding towns. We are looking at going to Toledo and Segovia, possibly spending a night in each.
Basically, we want to make the most of our time in Madrid and the surrounds. We have been to Barcelona previously and will like visit Northern and Southern Spain on future trips so would like to see the area around Madrid properly on this visit rather than travel around Spain.
We plan on using public transportation and want to work out how best to optimise our time so as to visit the nicest towns, spend time in Madrid (how many days would we need to spend in Madrid?) and have a relaxing holiday also!
Any suggestions as to hotels, towns, transport etc. much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 8 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 9 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 10 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 11 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 12 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 13 Italy in a week
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 16 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 17 Germany-Car or Train
- 18 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 19 SURPRISE TRIP
- 20 Jewish Vienna
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Reaching the Lake District
- 23 Positano Hotel in September
- 24 Scotland itinerary advice
- 25 Brussels flower tapestry