I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 2 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 3 London Open House Weekend and Moreton in Marsh
- 4 First European Vacation )
- 5 Advice for Siena and Orvieto?
- 6 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 7 Cars in France
- 8 Rovaniemi or Levi??
- 9 Bahn sales
- 10 Jakobsweg: Walking through Switzerland
- 11 London, England, alone or with a tour group?
- 12 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 13 Provence, Paris & London in April - 15 day trip
- 14 Greek island advice
- 15 Driving to Larrun (La Rhune) Spain
- 16 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 17 ATM near passport control in CDG terminal 2?
- 18 Roma Pass question on Borghese reservation
- 19 Apartment recommendation to stay in Paris
- 20 Paris
- 21 Rome/Florence
- 22 All French taxis now obliged to accept cards
- 23 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 24 Eiffel Tower Tickets - UGH!
- 25 Traveling around Lake Geneva