I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 2 French Riviera
- 3 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 4 Enjoying England for a year!
- 5 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 6 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 7 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 8 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 9 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 10 Seeking apartment recommendations in a Chanti village
- 11 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 12 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 13 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 14 Car necessary in Wengen, Switzerland
- 15 Stonehenge and Bath
- 16 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 17 Barcelona extension
- 18 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 19 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 20 My First Trip to Europe...
- 21 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 22 From Genoa to Rome...
- 23 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 24 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 25 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.