I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Papal Audience at the Vatican
- 2 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 3 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 4 Another Visit to London
- 5 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 6 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 7 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 8 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 9 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 10 Madrid to Dordogne
- 11 Airbnb scam
- 12 Rental car in Italy
- 13 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 14 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 15 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 16 15 nights in Italy
- 17 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 18 Overnight Layover -London
- 19 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 20 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 21 how to spend 9 nights in Provence (France)
- 22 Tips for Papal Audience this July?
- 23 Three days in Athens
- 24 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 25 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?