I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
One week in Ireland - Itinerary Help??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 2 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 3 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 4 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 5 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 6 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 7 London visit
- 8 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 9 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 10 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 11 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 12 Would someone critique my food/drinking itinerary for St. Petersburg?
- 13 Duoro river cruises
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Munich and Dachau
- 16 Nine Van Gogh paintings in Arles until august 31, 2014 !
- 17 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 18 What to wear
- 19 Small group for Colosseum
- 20 Useful website for France
- 21 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 22 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 23 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 24 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 25 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!