I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Wales by public transport
- 2 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 3 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 4 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/exoslim/
- 5 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 6 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 7 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 8 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 9 MiFi in Italy
- 10 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 11 One quick week -- where in France?
- 12 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 13 Guides - Matera
- 14 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 15 Spain Itinerary Help
- 16 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 17 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 18 Ravello to Paestum
- 19 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 20 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 21 Girona and Besalau
- 22 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 23 London Itinerary and Questions
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 4 flats for a month in Ireland