I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
One week in Ireland - Itinerary Help??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 2 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 3 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 4 Tipping in the UK
- 5 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 6 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 7 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 8 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 9 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 10 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 11 London city Best option for transit
- 12 England/EPL family vacation
- 13 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 14 Never To Return
- 15 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 16 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 17 Lucerne Switzerland
- 18 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 19 Central Europe itinerary
- 20 First visit to France in November
- 21 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 22 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 23 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 24 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 25 Madrid Apartment Rentals