I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
One week in Ireland - Itinerary Help??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 2 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 3 Travel Route from Spain to Portugal
- 4 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 5 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 6 Day visit to Terezin Memorial - Tour or on our own?
- 7 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 8 Europe itinerary advice
- 9 Bayeux tapestry
- 10 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 11 Camino No-No
- 12 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 13 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 14 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 15 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 16 Bus ride to Positano
- 17 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 18 Advice for large family trip to Ireland next summer
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 Group Transportation in French Riviera
- 21 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 22 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 23 Anywhere to run in Granada?
- 24 Is Capri overrated?
- 25 A week in Paris