I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 2 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 3 French lavender and cottages
- 4 Rail/Hoylhead/Edinburgh
- 5 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 6 MiFi in Italy
- 7 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 8 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 9 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 10 Seville in late January
- 11 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 12 Cork or Galway?
- 13 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 14 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 15 What Greek islands should I visit
- 16 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 17 Small foodie tours in Bologna
- 18 Major quake in central Itay
- 19 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 20 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 21 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 22 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 23 3 days with a Swindon base
- 24 Where to stay in London
- 25 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break