I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid city centre?
- 2 My First Trip to Europe...
- 3 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 4 Rome train to Positano
- 5 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 6 Greece itinerary ideas
- 7 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 8 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 9 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 10 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 11 Stonehenge and Bath
- 12 Greece Experts
- 13 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 14 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 15 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 16 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 17 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 18 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 19 Car rental in Paris
- 20 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 21 France to stop making foie grois
- 22 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 23 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 24 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 25 Heathrow to hotel transportation question