I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 2 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 3 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 4 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 5 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 6 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 7 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 8 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 9 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 10 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 11 Marseille Airport rental return
- 12 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 13 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 14 Alhambra
- 15 Road trip from Milan Rome
- 16 Ischia and Positano/Sorrento? Or just Ischia?
- 17 Trieste or Venice car rental offices open Saturday afternoon ?
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 20 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 21 Italy weather last week of March.
- 22 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 23 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 24 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 25 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?