I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 2 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 7 Globus Iberian Tour
- 8 Spain: train/rental car help
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 11 Budapest Card
- 12 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 13 UK in May and June
- 14 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 15 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 16 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 17 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 18 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 19 Bath/Cotswolds
- 20 Shorts in South of France?
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Italy travel plan help
- 25 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni