I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting Around Toledo
- 2 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 3 Long Weekend in Scotland for Edinburgh Fringe
- 4 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 5 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 6 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 7 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 8 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 9 Our Next Europe Trip
- 10 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 11 The Barceloneta Experiment
- 12 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 13 Calm base in Italy, Beginning of October
- 14 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 15 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 16 Why Are We NOT Packed Yet? Munich, Verona, Stresa, Edinburgh, and London
- 17 Trip Report: 17 days in Spain & Portugal
- 18 four old ladies in spain
- 19 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 20 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 21 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 22 Check out this amazing hotel just off the coast of Galway
- 23 Air France new business flat bed seats in fall, old seats in summer?
- 24 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 25 Saltzburg,nuremberg and munich