I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
One week in Ireland - Itinerary Help??
- 1 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 2 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 3 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 4 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 5 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 6 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 7 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 8 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 9 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 10 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 11 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 12 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 13 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 14 Which tour company would be best?
- 15 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 16 Northern Italy
- 17 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 18 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 19 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 20 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 21 France by rail or car?
- 22 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 23 Hotels in Sorrento
- 24 Hair cuts in Florence
- 25 private tour from cruise port in Naples