I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
One week in Ireland - Itinerary Help??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 2 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 19 countries in a day
- 5 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 6 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 7 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 8 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 9 Paris before xmas or after
- 10 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 11 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 12 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 13 Advice please...
- 14 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .
- 15 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 16 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 17 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 18 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 19 Last night in Italy advice
- 20 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 21 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 22 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 23 Meteora Monasteries: visit sequence suggestions?
- 24 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 25 Transports in Santorini