I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
One week in Ireland - Itinerary Help??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 2 Great London Bars with a view
- 3 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 4 Rental car while in Ireland
- 5 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 6 Hotels that we found special
- 7 Art in Paris
- 8 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 9 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 10 St Germain
- 11 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 12 First Time to UK since 2001
- 13 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 14 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 15 Too many Trip Reports
- 16 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 17 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 18 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 19 I dream of Europe
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 22 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 23 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 24 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 25 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris