I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
One week in Ireland - Itinerary Help??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 2 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 5 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 6 Norway Cruise or Another Destination???
- 7 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 8 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 9 Hey Fodor's
- 10 Hurtigruten Rip-Off
- 11 Paris to Annecy by Train
- 12 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 13 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 14 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 15 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 16 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 17 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 18 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 19 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 20 Nice, Airbnb apartment rental
- 21 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 22 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 23 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 24 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 25 Drive from Granada to Seville