I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
One week in Ireland - Itinerary Help??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English speaking Dentist in Rome?
- 2 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 3 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 4 Help me plan a Trip
- 5 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 6 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 7 England and Scotland 15-days in November Trip Planning
- 8 South of France
- 9 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 10 What else should I know about Priceline bidding for London?
- 11 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 12 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 13 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 14 England, Paris itinerary help
- 15 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 16 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 17 Germany for 3 weeks
- 18 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 19 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 20 Panarea lodging decision--need expert advice
- 21 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 22 Sardinia Advice
- 23 Provence planning
- 24 Making reservations in Italy
- 25 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe