I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
One week in Ireland - Itinerary Help??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hydra to Peloponnese to Zakynthos...a few questions
- 2 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 3 Train tickets France and Spain
- 4 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 5 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 6 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 7 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 8 Travel by train in Poland?
- 9 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 10 Trains Austria
- 11 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 12 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 13 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 14 Segovia or Toledo day trip
- 15 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 16 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 17 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 18 What to do in England, Wales and Scotland?
- 19 How can I use my Telus iPhone in Europe?
- 20 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 21 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 22 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 23 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 24 Staying in the Highlands
- 25 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.