I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 Ireland itinerary help please
- 3 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 4 Ronda Wine/biking
- 5 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 6 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Perugia
- 10 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 11 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 12 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 13 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 14 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 15 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 16 Areas in Milan
- 17 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 18 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 21 CDG much improved
- 22 St Denis Cathedral
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?