I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sardinia, Italy
- 2 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 3 Venice to Frankfort - via Switzerland?
- 4 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 5 Italy by car
- 6 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 7 Paris gtg in October?
- 8 Lake Garda- Italy
- 9 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 10 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 13 T Mobile Does it Again
- 14 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 15 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 16 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 17 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 18 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 19 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 20 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 21 European Championship
- 22 Plan Italy trip
- 23 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 24 Six ways Brexit could hit Americans, item from the BBC
- 25 Cancelling apartment in PARIS