I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 2 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 3 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 4 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 5 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 6 Day trips from Cologne
- 7 Comments, please about these Rome apartments
- 8 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 9 Self-service Laundry in Rhodes?
- 10 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 11 Weekly Markets Lake District and Dales
- 12 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 13 Day trips from London advice
- 14 My summer in Paris
- 15 IDP for Scotland
- 16 Transportation for 16+- in Italy
- 17 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 18 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 19 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 20 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 21 Corsica and Sardinia
- 22 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 23 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 24 Booking flights! Best timing for kids?
- 25 Day Trip From London