I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 2 Italy - best two central locations
- 3 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 4 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 5 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 6 Another Book List for Italy
- 7 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 8 Family vacay in Europe
- 9 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 10 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 11 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 12 Day trip suggestion from London
- 13 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 14 Back to Paris--need hotel advice
- 15 Classical Music in Milan
- 16 Pousadas in Portugal
- 17 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 18 Places to visits near Porto
- 19 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 20 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 21 12 Days in Italy
- 22 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 23 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 24 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 25 Doobie in Amsterdam