I am traveling to Ireland with my boyfriend this May (first time for both of us) and I am looking for some itinerary help! The first part of our trip is set - we are heading up to Giant's Causeway to meet some friends for a running relay the first weekend we are there. I am looking for some advice for the following 4-5 days. Should we stay in Dublin and do day trips, or should we rent a car and explore the countryside? Which would be more economical?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Our tentative itinerary:
Thursday - Arrive in Dublin; spend the day in Dublin, meet up with friends in the evening; stay overnight in Dublin
Friday - Head up to Belfast via train and take complimentary car service to race area OR rent a car and drive directly to race area
Saturday - Race at Giant's Causeway!
Sunday - Must return to Dublin by the evening because my sister has an early flight out on Monday morning; either train from Belfast to Dublin OR drive back in rental car (possibly stop at Newgrange if there's time?)
Monday through Thursday - ???? (stay in Dublin and take day trips OR rent a car and travel west to Galway / Connemara / Cliffs of Moher or southwest to Killkenny / Ring of Kerry)
Friday - Return to Dublin (if we left in the first place) and spend the day there
Saturday - Afternoon flight home from Dublin
One week in Ireland - Itinerary Help??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 2 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 3 Back home problems with sim card
- 4 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 5 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 6 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 7 Budapest
- 8 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 9 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 10 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 11 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 12 Budapest--baggage storage
- 13 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 14 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 15 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 16 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 17 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 18 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 19 How do you find French food?
- 20 Day trips from Seville
- 21 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 22 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 23 GPS in Tuscany
- 24 Are Tatras worth the trip?
- 25 Best day to look for economic flights