Hi, I'd love some help for some ideas of how to plan my trip to Ireland mid-June. We are visiting relatives in London, and plan on spending one week in Ireland. We're from the states and love Irish music and culture. We can fly into Dublin, or Shannon. We don't need to visit Dublin, but it seems as if it is a must according to all my friends. We don't want to do strictly touristy stuff. We'd like to see great scenery, hear great music and talk to great people to learn about the culture. Of course, we'd like to see a castle! We don't feel the need to hit every tourist spot and obviously with one week we can't. We're scared to drive, but are planning on renting a car. We're two Kindergarten teachers in our late 50's...suggestions for what to do and great places to stay in those areas would be much appreciated!
One week in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 2 Germany for 3 weeks
- 3 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 4 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 5 rail pass
- 6 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 7 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 8 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 9 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 10 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 11 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 12 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 13 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 14 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 15 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 16 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 17 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 18 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 19 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 20 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 21 Great restaurants in Italy
- 22 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 23 Scotland and northern England
- 24 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 25 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report