Hi, I'd love some help for some ideas of how to plan my trip to Ireland mid-June. We are visiting relatives in London, and plan on spending one week in Ireland. We're from the states and love Irish music and culture. We can fly into Dublin, or Shannon. We don't need to visit Dublin, but it seems as if it is a must according to all my friends. We don't want to do strictly touristy stuff. We'd like to see great scenery, hear great music and talk to great people to learn about the culture. Of course, we'd like to see a castle! We don't feel the need to hit every tourist spot and obviously with one week we can't. We're scared to drive, but are planning on renting a car. We're two Kindergarten teachers in our late 50's...suggestions for what to do and great places to stay in those areas would be much appreciated!
One week in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I dream of Europe
- 2 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 3 Rome Food Tour
- 4 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 5 First Time to UK since 2001
- 6 Help with England/Wales tour
- 7 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 8 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 9 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 10 Autumn in Paris
- 11 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 12 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 13 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 14 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 16 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 17 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 18 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 19 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 20 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 21 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 22 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 23 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 24 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 25 NCAA Pigskin Week Six ? Picks?