Hi, I'd love some help for some ideas of how to plan my trip to Ireland mid-June. We are visiting relatives in London, and plan on spending one week in Ireland. We're from the states and love Irish music and culture. We can fly into Dublin, or Shannon. We don't need to visit Dublin, but it seems as if it is a must according to all my friends. We don't want to do strictly touristy stuff. We'd like to see great scenery, hear great music and talk to great people to learn about the culture. Of course, we'd like to see a castle! We don't feel the need to hit every tourist spot and obviously with one week we can't. We're scared to drive, but are planning on renting a car. We're two Kindergarten teachers in our late 50's...suggestions for what to do and great places to stay in those areas would be much appreciated!
One week in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 2 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 3 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 6 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 7 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 10 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 11 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 12 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 13 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 14 Internet or travel agent?
- 15 Paris and where else?
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 18 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 19 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 20 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 21 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 22 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 23 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 24 Christmas windows in Paris
- 25 Visiting UK boyfriend