Hi, I'd love some help for some ideas of how to plan my trip to Ireland mid-June. We are visiting relatives in London, and plan on spending one week in Ireland. We're from the states and love Irish music and culture. We can fly into Dublin, or Shannon. We don't need to visit Dublin, but it seems as if it is a must according to all my friends. We don't want to do strictly touristy stuff. We'd like to see great scenery, hear great music and talk to great people to learn about the culture. Of course, we'd like to see a castle! We don't feel the need to hit every tourist spot and obviously with one week we can't. We're scared to drive, but are planning on renting a car. We're two Kindergarten teachers in our late 50's...suggestions for what to do and great places to stay in those areas would be much appreciated!
One week in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What are the best places to see in England
- 2 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 3 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 4 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 5 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 6 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 7 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 8 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 9 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 10 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 11 Estonia Amber
- 12 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 13 Tight Planning?
- 14 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 15 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 16 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 17 Travel with Teens
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 20 One week in Venice - trips
- 21 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 22 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 23 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 24 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 25 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence