Hi, I'd love some help for some ideas of how to plan my trip to Ireland mid-June. We are visiting relatives in London, and plan on spending one week in Ireland. We're from the states and love Irish music and culture. We can fly into Dublin, or Shannon. We don't need to visit Dublin, but it seems as if it is a must according to all my friends. We don't want to do strictly touristy stuff. We'd like to see great scenery, hear great music and talk to great people to learn about the culture. Of course, we'd like to see a castle! We don't feel the need to hit every tourist spot and obviously with one week we can't. We're scared to drive, but are planning on renting a car. We're two Kindergarten teachers in our late 50's...suggestions for what to do and great places to stay in those areas would be much appreciated!
One week in Ireland
- 1 Venice - getting to see inside the Arsenale.
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 4 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 5 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 6 Paris metro
- 7 Barcelona experts PLEASE pick which of these 2,apartments I should rent
- 8 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 9 Berlin Hotels
- 10 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 11 ferry to Harwich
- 12 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 13 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 14 What is the best food in France?
- 15 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 16 York Food and Drink Festival
- 17 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 18 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 19 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 20 Edinburgh Restaurants
- 21 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 22 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 23 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 24 Istanbul Hotels
- 25 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?