Hi, I'd love some help for some ideas of how to plan my trip to Ireland mid-June. We are visiting relatives in London, and plan on spending one week in Ireland. We're from the states and love Irish music and culture. We can fly into Dublin, or Shannon. We don't need to visit Dublin, but it seems as if it is a must according to all my friends. We don't want to do strictly touristy stuff. We'd like to see great scenery, hear great music and talk to great people to learn about the culture. Of course, we'd like to see a castle! We don't feel the need to hit every tourist spot and obviously with one week we can't. We're scared to drive, but are planning on renting a car. We're two Kindergarten teachers in our late 50's...suggestions for what to do and great places to stay in those areas would be much appreciated!
One week in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 2 Best beach town in Italy?
- 3 Italy and Croatia
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 6 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 7 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 8 Bregenz or Lindau
- 9 Weekend in Norfolk
- 10 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 11 A Greek sojourn
- 12 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 13 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 14 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 15 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 16 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 17 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 18 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 19 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 20 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 21 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 22 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 23 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 24 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 25 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary