Hi, I'd love some help for some ideas of how to plan my trip to Ireland mid-June. We are visiting relatives in London, and plan on spending one week in Ireland. We're from the states and love Irish music and culture. We can fly into Dublin, or Shannon. We don't need to visit Dublin, but it seems as if it is a must according to all my friends. We don't want to do strictly touristy stuff. We'd like to see great scenery, hear great music and talk to great people to learn about the culture. Of course, we'd like to see a castle! We don't feel the need to hit every tourist spot and obviously with one week we can't. We're scared to drive, but are planning on renting a car. We're two Kindergarten teachers in our late 50's...suggestions for what to do and great places to stay in those areas would be much appreciated!
One week in Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 River cruises
- 4 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 5 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 10 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 14 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 15 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 London for Christmas
- 22 Belgium
- 23 Navigo Decouverte
- 24 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 25 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days