Hi, I'd love some help for some ideas of how to plan my trip to Ireland mid-June. We are visiting relatives in London, and plan on spending one week in Ireland. We're from the states and love Irish music and culture. We can fly into Dublin, or Shannon. We don't need to visit Dublin, but it seems as if it is a must according to all my friends. We don't want to do strictly touristy stuff. We'd like to see great scenery, hear great music and talk to great people to learn about the culture. Of course, we'd like to see a castle! We don't feel the need to hit every tourist spot and obviously with one week we can't. We're scared to drive, but are planning on renting a car. We're two Kindergarten teachers in our late 50's...suggestions for what to do and great places to stay in those areas would be much appreciated!
One week in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 2 3 weeks in Europe
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 5 Matisse at Tate
- 6 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 7 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 8 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 9 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 10 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 11 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 14 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 15 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 16 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 17 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 18 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 19 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 20 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 21 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 22 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 23 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 24 What to wear
- 25 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?