My husband and I have one week to spend in Crete this summer. We are taking a ferry from Naxos and are arriving in Herkaloin. Our plane leaves out of Chania one week later. Our tentative itinerary was to stay in Rethymnon, then head to Chania for a few nights, spend two nights towards Falasarna or Elafonisi beach area (we love the beach!) and then head back to Chania for our final night. Does this seem like a good plan? We plan on renting a car once we get to Chania. Our questions are should we stay in Rethymnon 1 or 2 nights? Are there any other regions we missing and need to check out? We realize we can't see the entire island in a week etc....Thanks in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 Saas Fee Cycling (and bike Rental)
- 4 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 5 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 6 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 7 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 8 Things to do in Montpellier
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 11 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 12 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 13 3 week trip with children
- 14 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 17 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 18 Italy in 11 Days
- 19 dinner jackets
- 20 French election
- 21 Leather goods in Florence
- 22 Piedmont as a destination
- 23 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 24 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 25 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence