We are flying from Canada to Madrid on March 16 early morning, and have a resort booked in Estepona on the Costa del Sol until March 23. We have a car rented to drive from Madrid to the resort and back, and would like to do some day tours on our own. We are considering Cordoba, Granada, Jerez, Seville, Gibraltar and Ronda among our possible destinations for a day trip. Any suggestions? Is there anywhere closer to Estepona that would be good to visit. I appreciate any input and ideas! Since I am spending a week in Rome in May followed by a 7 day cruise which includes Barcelona, Valencia, and Mallorca, I would like to focus on the area around our resort for this trip.
One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 2 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 3 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 4 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 5 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 6 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 7 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 8 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 11 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 12 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 13 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 14 Three ferries to Mull
- 15 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 16 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 17 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 18 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 19 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 20 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 21 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 22 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 23 French Basque region
- 24 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 25 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam