Hi.... I will be visiting my son who will be attending college for Fall term at Corvinus U. and would like some suggestions for side trips, etc. I only have a week (arriving Monday 10/21 and leaving 10/28). Was considering spending 3 nites in Budapest and perhaps visiting a neighboring country. Thinking Monday til Friday and maybe taking rail or quick flight for a taste of Croatia or Slovenia... I've been told that Vienna would make more sense but I'm looking to be off the beaten path a bit and Vienna appears to be a pretty big, busy city. Am I biting off a little too much???? I wish I had more time to spend, but I'm sure my son wants me out after a week so he can resume his "studies". I appreciate your help. Cheers, Friends!
One week in Budapest/Side trips
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 2 Greece and Turkey
- 3 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 4 Bunratty vs Ulster American Folk Park
- 5 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 6 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 7 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 8 Hotel in Lisbon
- 9 buying souviners and art
- 10 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 11 Porto to Salamanca
- 12 Where to stay in Prague?
- 13 Looking for a Beach near Marseille Airport
- 14 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 15 Walking in Bologna
- 16 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 17 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 18 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 19 Travel by train in Poland?
- 20 Private driver: Dublin airport to Limerick
- 21 Sorrento-Positano-Amalfi-Ravello-Paestum in one day, is it possible?
- 22 Why does riding a bike make me think of French food?
- 23 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 24 Swiss decisions
- 25 Please help me plan my trip!