We land at 1:00 pm in Marseille on a Friday in September, our weekly rental starts on Saturday in St. Remy, then a week in Bedoin, and then a few nights in Nice. So excited that all accommodations are booked, except the first Friday night.
Our thought is to pick up the car at the airport and amble along the D5 to St. Remy. We'd like to stop in a town where we can have dinner, poke around a bit, and have an early night.
Is the D5 scenic, or is there a nicer route.
Any recommendations for a nice town to stop in for the night, big enough to spend a few hours exploring. Of course, there's always the option of heading straight to St. Remy, but it will be a good opportunity to experience somewhere else, if only for one night.
D5 is only an idea, we have no problem with other routes to accommodate an interesting town.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 2 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 5 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 6 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 7 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 8 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 9 dinner jackets
- 10 2 weeks Europe trip
- 11 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 12 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 13 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 14 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 15 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 16 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 17 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 18 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 19 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 22 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 23 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 24 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 25 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass