We land at 1:00 pm in Marseille on a Friday in September, our weekly rental starts on Saturday in St. Remy, then a week in Bedoin, and then a few nights in Nice. So excited that all accommodations are booked, except the first Friday night.
Our thought is to pick up the car at the airport and amble along the D5 to St. Remy. We'd like to stop in a town where we can have dinner, poke around a bit, and have an early night.
Is the D5 scenic, or is there a nicer route.
Any recommendations for a nice town to stop in for the night, big enough to spend a few hours exploring. Of course, there's always the option of heading straight to St. Remy, but it will be a good opportunity to experience somewhere else, if only for one night.
D5 is only an idea, we have no problem with other routes to accommodate an interesting town.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 2 Brugge hotel help
- 3 강남포커스☞O1O 4444 9374 ↔강예빈팀장 강남포커스예약
- 4 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 5 Old European currency
- 6 Denmark or Sweden?
- 7 Amsterdam hotels
- 8 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 9 Five night Ireland Trip
- 10 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 London Hotels
- 15 10 days in Paris and......
- 16 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 17 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 18 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 19 1 month in Europe
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 22 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 23 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 24 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 25 Last minute (next week) London GTG?