We land at 1:00 pm in Marseille on a Friday in September, our weekly rental starts on Saturday in St. Remy, then a week in Bedoin, and then a few nights in Nice. So excited that all accommodations are booked, except the first Friday night.
Our thought is to pick up the car at the airport and amble along the D5 to St. Remy. We'd like to stop in a town where we can have dinner, poke around a bit, and have an early night.
Is the D5 scenic, or is there a nicer route.
Any recommendations for a nice town to stop in for the night, big enough to spend a few hours exploring. Of course, there's always the option of heading straight to St. Remy, but it will be a good opportunity to experience somewhere else, if only for one night.
D5 is only an idea, we have no problem with other routes to accommodate an interesting town.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transportation
- 2 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 3 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 4 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 5 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 France Study Abroad
- 8 London is it worth it?
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 11 free international phone calls
- 12 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 13 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 14 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 15 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 16 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 17 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 18 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 19 London 6 day itinerary
- 20 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 21 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 24 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 25 Paris and Normandy