We land at 1:00 pm in Marseille on a Friday in September, our weekly rental starts on Saturday in St. Remy, then a week in Bedoin, and then a few nights in Nice. So excited that all accommodations are booked, except the first Friday night.
Our thought is to pick up the car at the airport and amble along the D5 to St. Remy. We'd like to stop in a town where we can have dinner, poke around a bit, and have an early night.
Is the D5 scenic, or is there a nicer route.
Any recommendations for a nice town to stop in for the night, big enough to spend a few hours exploring. Of course, there's always the option of heading straight to St. Remy, but it will be a good opportunity to experience somewhere else, if only for one night.
D5 is only an idea, we have no problem with other routes to accommodate an interesting town.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Alps and UK
- 2 Scotland Trip
- 3 Azores in February
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 7 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 8 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 9 Lisbon trip report
- 10 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 11 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 12 Ireland in April
- 13 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 14 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 15 Driving in Italy?
- 16 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 19 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 20 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 21 Planning a European Trip
- 22 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 23 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 24 So much to do, so little time!
- 25 Tour of Northern Italy