We land at 1:00 pm in Marseille on a Friday in September, our weekly rental starts on Saturday in St. Remy, then a week in Bedoin, and then a few nights in Nice. So excited that all accommodations are booked, except the first Friday night.
Our thought is to pick up the car at the airport and amble along the D5 to St. Remy. We'd like to stop in a town where we can have dinner, poke around a bit, and have an early night.
Is the D5 scenic, or is there a nicer route.
Any recommendations for a nice town to stop in for the night, big enough to spend a few hours exploring. Of course, there's always the option of heading straight to St. Remy, but it will be a good opportunity to experience somewhere else, if only for one night.
D5 is only an idea, we have no problem with other routes to accommodate an interesting town.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 base for Andalucia
- 2 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 3 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 4 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 9 4 nights in Sardinia
- 10 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 11 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 12 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 13 "Too Much Cows"
- 14 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 15 Matera tour guide wanted
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 18 Moscow, Russia shopping
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 21 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 22 Service dog
- 23 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 24 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 25 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life