I will be studying in Leeds, the UK from september to january and have one month christmas break from December 7th - January 6th. My boyfriend will meet me in London, and from there our trip itinerary is as follows:
Three nights (two days) in London
Fly from London to Barcelona
Four nights (three days) in Barcelona
Fly from Barcelona to Paris
Four nights (three days) in Paris
Fly from Paris to Rome
Five nights (four days) in Rome
Fly from Rome to Vienna
Three nights (two days) in Vienna (spending Christmas there and leaving Boxing Day)
Fly from Vienna to Berlin
Six nights (five days) in Berlin (spending New Year's Eve there and leaving New Year's Day)
Fly from Berlin to Amsterdam
Four nights (three days) in Amsterdam
Fly from Amsterdam direct to Leeds.
We have already booked our accommodation in London and Barcelona, and our flights to Barcelona and Paris, but beyond that we are flexible - ideally I do want to spend Christmas in Vienna and New Year's in Berlin but I am wondering whether we should have an extra day in Paris or in Rome.
We are travelling on a reasonably moderate student budget (around 4000 euro) and would prefer to wander around cities and see architecture and get a feel for the atmosphere rather than spend all our time in museums (with some exceptions maybe), despite the expected cold weather. I will be doing some shopping but probably will focus on second hand or less expensively priced boutiques rather than just big designer stores.
Does this trip sound achievable? Is there anything I need to consider? Where would a fifth night best be spent? (Paris vs Rome, or should we attempt an overnight trip to another French or Italian city/town with the extra day?)
Sorry for the information overload! I've never planned a trip before and it will be our first time in Europe - any help/tips/guidelines would be much appreciated!
One month round trip itinerary - enough time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 2 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 3 Street food in Turkey
- 4 Spain Questions
- 5 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 6 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 7 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 8 Mont St Michel
- 9 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 10 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 11 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 12 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 13 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Dublin Hostels
- 16 Avignon to London?
- 17 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 18 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 21 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 22 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 23 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 24 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 25 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice