I will be studying in Leeds, the UK from september to january and have one month christmas break from December 7th - January 6th. My boyfriend will meet me in London, and from there our trip itinerary is as follows:
Three nights (two days) in London
Fly from London to Barcelona
Four nights (three days) in Barcelona
Fly from Barcelona to Paris
Four nights (three days) in Paris
Fly from Paris to Rome
Five nights (four days) in Rome
Fly from Rome to Vienna
Three nights (two days) in Vienna (spending Christmas there and leaving Boxing Day)
Fly from Vienna to Berlin
Six nights (five days) in Berlin (spending New Year's Eve there and leaving New Year's Day)
Fly from Berlin to Amsterdam
Four nights (three days) in Amsterdam
Fly from Amsterdam direct to Leeds.
We have already booked our accommodation in London and Barcelona, and our flights to Barcelona and Paris, but beyond that we are flexible - ideally I do want to spend Christmas in Vienna and New Year's in Berlin but I am wondering whether we should have an extra day in Paris or in Rome.
We are travelling on a reasonably moderate student budget (around 4000 euro) and would prefer to wander around cities and see architecture and get a feel for the atmosphere rather than spend all our time in museums (with some exceptions maybe), despite the expected cold weather. I will be doing some shopping but probably will focus on second hand or less expensively priced boutiques rather than just big designer stores.
Does this trip sound achievable? Is there anything I need to consider? Where would a fifth night best be spent? (Paris vs Rome, or should we attempt an overnight trip to another French or Italian city/town with the extra day?)
Sorry for the information overload! I've never planned a trip before and it will be our first time in Europe - any help/tips/guidelines would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 2 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 5 Europe First Timers
- 6 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 9 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 10 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 11 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 12 Lille Braderie 2017
- 13 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 14 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 15 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 16 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 17 Thinking about the Fjords
- 18 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 19 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 20 Uber vs. TfL
- 21 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 22 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 23 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Greek Village