I will be studying in Leeds, the UK from september to january and have one month christmas break from December 7th - January 6th. My boyfriend will meet me in London, and from there our trip itinerary is as follows:
Three nights (two days) in London
Fly from London to Barcelona
Four nights (three days) in Barcelona
Fly from Barcelona to Paris
Four nights (three days) in Paris
Fly from Paris to Rome
Five nights (four days) in Rome
Fly from Rome to Vienna
Three nights (two days) in Vienna (spending Christmas there and leaving Boxing Day)
Fly from Vienna to Berlin
Six nights (five days) in Berlin (spending New Year's Eve there and leaving New Year's Day)
Fly from Berlin to Amsterdam
Four nights (three days) in Amsterdam
Fly from Amsterdam direct to Leeds.
We have already booked our accommodation in London and Barcelona, and our flights to Barcelona and Paris, but beyond that we are flexible - ideally I do want to spend Christmas in Vienna and New Year's in Berlin but I am wondering whether we should have an extra day in Paris or in Rome.
We are travelling on a reasonably moderate student budget (around 4000 euro) and would prefer to wander around cities and see architecture and get a feel for the atmosphere rather than spend all our time in museums (with some exceptions maybe), despite the expected cold weather. I will be doing some shopping but probably will focus on second hand or less expensively priced boutiques rather than just big designer stores.
Does this trip sound achievable? Is there anything I need to consider? Where would a fifth night best be spent? (Paris vs Rome, or should we attempt an overnight trip to another French or Italian city/town with the extra day?)
Sorry for the information overload! I've never planned a trip before and it will be our first time in Europe - any help/tips/guidelines would be much appreciated!
One month round trip itinerary - enough time?
- 1 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 2 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 3 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 4 Prague - must see
- 5 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 9 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 10 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 11 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 12 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 13 Advises for trip to Russia
- 14 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 15 First time traveler to Ireland
- 16 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 17 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 18 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 21 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 22 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 25 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report