I will be studying in Leeds, the UK from september to january and have one month christmas break from December 7th - January 6th. My boyfriend will meet me in London, and from there our trip itinerary is as follows:
Three nights (two days) in London
Fly from London to Barcelona
Four nights (three days) in Barcelona
Fly from Barcelona to Paris
Four nights (three days) in Paris
Fly from Paris to Rome
Five nights (four days) in Rome
Fly from Rome to Vienna
Three nights (two days) in Vienna (spending Christmas there and leaving Boxing Day)
Fly from Vienna to Berlin
Six nights (five days) in Berlin (spending New Year's Eve there and leaving New Year's Day)
Fly from Berlin to Amsterdam
Four nights (three days) in Amsterdam
Fly from Amsterdam direct to Leeds.
We have already booked our accommodation in London and Barcelona, and our flights to Barcelona and Paris, but beyond that we are flexible - ideally I do want to spend Christmas in Vienna and New Year's in Berlin but I am wondering whether we should have an extra day in Paris or in Rome.
We are travelling on a reasonably moderate student budget (around 4000 euro) and would prefer to wander around cities and see architecture and get a feel for the atmosphere rather than spend all our time in museums (with some exceptions maybe), despite the expected cold weather. I will be doing some shopping but probably will focus on second hand or less expensively priced boutiques rather than just big designer stores.
Does this trip sound achievable? Is there anything I need to consider? Where would a fifth night best be spent? (Paris vs Rome, or should we attempt an overnight trip to another French or Italian city/town with the extra day?)
Sorry for the information overload! I've never planned a trip before and it will be our first time in Europe - any help/tips/guidelines would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 2 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 3 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 4 France to stop making foie grois
- 5 train from ravenna to parma
- 6 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 7 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 8 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 9 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 12 Madrid city centre?
- 13 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 14 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 15 counselling in West London
- 16 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 17 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 18 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 19 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 20 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 21 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 22 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 23 Stonehenge and Bath
- 24 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 25 Day Trip from Lausanne