I will be studying in Leeds, the UK from september to january and have one month christmas break from December 7th - January 6th. My boyfriend will meet me in London, and from there our trip itinerary is as follows:
Three nights (two days) in London
Fly from London to Barcelona
Four nights (three days) in Barcelona
Fly from Barcelona to Paris
Four nights (three days) in Paris
Fly from Paris to Rome
Five nights (four days) in Rome
Fly from Rome to Vienna
Three nights (two days) in Vienna (spending Christmas there and leaving Boxing Day)
Fly from Vienna to Berlin
Six nights (five days) in Berlin (spending New Year's Eve there and leaving New Year's Day)
Fly from Berlin to Amsterdam
Four nights (three days) in Amsterdam
Fly from Amsterdam direct to Leeds.
We have already booked our accommodation in London and Barcelona, and our flights to Barcelona and Paris, but beyond that we are flexible - ideally I do want to spend Christmas in Vienna and New Year's in Berlin but I am wondering whether we should have an extra day in Paris or in Rome.
We are travelling on a reasonably moderate student budget (around 4000 euro) and would prefer to wander around cities and see architecture and get a feel for the atmosphere rather than spend all our time in museums (with some exceptions maybe), despite the expected cold weather. I will be doing some shopping but probably will focus on second hand or less expensively priced boutiques rather than just big designer stores.
Does this trip sound achievable? Is there anything I need to consider? Where would a fifth night best be spent? (Paris vs Rome, or should we attempt an overnight trip to another French or Italian city/town with the extra day?)
Sorry for the information overload! I've never planned a trip before and it will be our first time in Europe - any help/tips/guidelines would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 2 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 3 Vigo Spain????
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Getting around London
- 6 Train travel to and from Paris
- 7 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 12 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 13 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 14 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 15 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 16 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 17 Andalucia Spain
- 18 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 19 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 20 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 21 SURPRISE TRIP
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 24 Visiting Zurich
- 25 Fabric Shops in Paris