I will be studying in Leeds, the UK from september to january and have one month christmas break from December 7th - January 6th. My boyfriend will meet me in London, and from there our trip itinerary is as follows:
Three nights (two days) in London
Fly from London to Barcelona
Four nights (three days) in Barcelona
Fly from Barcelona to Paris
Four nights (three days) in Paris
Fly from Paris to Rome
Five nights (four days) in Rome
Fly from Rome to Vienna
Three nights (two days) in Vienna (spending Christmas there and leaving Boxing Day)
Fly from Vienna to Berlin
Six nights (five days) in Berlin (spending New Year's Eve there and leaving New Year's Day)
Fly from Berlin to Amsterdam
Four nights (three days) in Amsterdam
Fly from Amsterdam direct to Leeds.
We have already booked our accommodation in London and Barcelona, and our flights to Barcelona and Paris, but beyond that we are flexible - ideally I do want to spend Christmas in Vienna and New Year's in Berlin but I am wondering whether we should have an extra day in Paris or in Rome.
We are travelling on a reasonably moderate student budget (around 4000 euro) and would prefer to wander around cities and see architecture and get a feel for the atmosphere rather than spend all our time in museums (with some exceptions maybe), despite the expected cold weather. I will be doing some shopping but probably will focus on second hand or less expensively priced boutiques rather than just big designer stores.
Does this trip sound achievable? Is there anything I need to consider? Where would a fifth night best be spent? (Paris vs Rome, or should we attempt an overnight trip to another French or Italian city/town with the extra day?)
Sorry for the information overload! I've never planned a trip before and it will be our first time in Europe - any help/tips/guidelines would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 favorite app for converting US $$
- 2 Trip in September
- 3 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 4 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 5 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 6 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 7 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 8 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 9 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 10 SNCF - low price for summer
- 11 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 12 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 13 Light weight small converter?
- 14 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 15 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 16 Positano Surprise
- 17 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 18 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 19 Best of Norway
- 20 Escorted tours Norway
- 21 Munich Hotel Location
- 22 Small towns not too near Paris
- 23 Car rental help in Sicily
- 24 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 25 Help with basic itinerary