For years, I have thought about renting a house in Europe for a month and I think I may actually put this into action next year but I am looking for advice on where might be a good central location.
Just to give you an idea of what I am looking for, this will be a family trip which will be compromised of my wife, our nine year old daughter and possibly our sons that are in their early twenties.
In my mind I visualize renting a house that is located in a rural type of area that will allow us to "chill" but that is relatively close to a small town, or village, and within driving distance of some larger cities with museums and other "historical stuff". My first thoughts lean toward France but I am open to other suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 11 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 12 Planning A trip
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 18 Bruges
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 23 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 24 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 25 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish