i'm a female travelling solo to Greece in June'14 for about 12-13 days. I'll be spending most of the time (a week) in the Peloponnese and 2 days in Athens. I'd like to stop at one island for 2 days before heading on to Turkey by ferry . I'm interested in architecture, food, music, festivals, culture, quaint towns and not much in crowded/touristy places, nightclubs, swimming/ water activities.
Can anyone suggest one island (since I'll only have time for one not very large island) that fits my interests, is inexpensive and which has connections from Piraeus and to one of the ports in Turkey? I'm getting totally confused trying to zero in on one out of the thousands of really picturesque islands. Ofcourse Samos/ Chios seems like the closest to Turkey, but is there any other island in any of the island groups that you would recommend? I'd rather take the slower, overnight ferries to reach an island since it saves on time+cost of spending overnight at a hotel.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 2 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 3 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 4 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 5 Where in Greece
- 6 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 7 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 8 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 9 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 10 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 11 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 12 Vatican tour
- 13 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 14 Day in Capri
- 15 alcazar question and seville advice
- 16 TSA Precheck
- 17 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 First visit to London
- 20 Paris travel help
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 23 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 24 Rome hotel
- 25 Villa in Italy