i'm a female travelling solo to Greece in June'14 for about 12-13 days. I'll be spending most of the time (a week) in the Peloponnese and 2 days in Athens. I'd like to stop at one island for 2 days before heading on to Turkey by ferry . I'm interested in architecture, food, music, festivals, culture, quaint towns and not much in crowded/touristy places, nightclubs, swimming/ water activities.
Can anyone suggest one island (since I'll only have time for one not very large island) that fits my interests, is inexpensive and which has connections from Piraeus and to one of the ports in Turkey? I'm getting totally confused trying to zero in on one out of the thousands of really picturesque islands. Ofcourse Samos/ Chios seems like the closest to Turkey, but is there any other island in any of the island groups that you would recommend? I'd rather take the slower, overnight ferries to reach an island since it saves on time+cost of spending overnight at a hotel.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 3 2 days in Florence
- 4 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 7 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 8 base for Andalucia
- 9 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 12 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 13 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 16 Windsor Castle
- 17 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 18 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 19 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 20 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 23 4 nights in Sardinia
- 24 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 25 help deciding between 2 itineraries!