i'm a female travelling solo to Greece in June'14 for about 12-13 days. I'll be spending most of the time (a week) in the Peloponnese and 2 days in Athens. I'd like to stop at one island for 2 days before heading on to Turkey by ferry . I'm interested in architecture, food, music, festivals, culture, quaint towns and not much in crowded/touristy places, nightclubs, swimming/ water activities.
Can anyone suggest one island (since I'll only have time for one not very large island) that fits my interests, is inexpensive and which has connections from Piraeus and to one of the ports in Turkey? I'm getting totally confused trying to zero in on one out of the thousands of really picturesque islands. Ofcourse Samos/ Chios seems like the closest to Turkey, but is there any other island in any of the island groups that you would recommend? I'd rather take the slower, overnight ferries to reach an island since it saves on time+cost of spending overnight at a hotel.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON@ Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:68I:7208 Technical SUPP0RT CAre*
- 2 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 3 Italy in January?
- 4 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 5 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 6 retruning to US with souveniers
- 7 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 10 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 11 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 12 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 13 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 10 days in London in early December
- 16 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 19 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 20 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 21 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 22 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 23 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 24 Scotland in December
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como