So I decided to splurge and treat myself to a week in Paris. Initially, I was excited about my trip and now I am beginning to be apprehensive. I know very basic French, I am a solo female traveler and have never been to France before.
Will the language barrier be difficult?
What are some of the 'must sees'? I am not really into 'touristy" things but would really like to see more local haunts.
Are there trains/tours/day trips to other areas of France? Is there any recommendations?
Are there any area or things I should be cautious about?
Anything advice or anything else you think I should know...
Thanks in advance..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 2 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 3 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 4 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 5 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 6 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 7 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 8 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 9 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 10 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 11 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 12 Traveling in Belgium
- 13 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 14 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 15 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 18 Milos beach stay
- 19 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 20 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 21 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 22 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 23 Driving in Wales
- 24 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 25 Christmas Markets 2017