I will soon be spending a few weeks in Naples/Positano. I am taking the fast train one morning to spend a day in Rome and fast train home that night.
I've been to Rome half a dozen times or so but the last time was three years ago. I am merely going to stroll and window shop and eat a nice lunch and a nice dinner and look up a friend and do a wine tasting. I'll probably have time for one museum. I've already been to many of the biggies so unless there is a brand new exhibit I'm unlikely to go back for my one day in town.
I will likely be walking the entire time. I have not visited MAXXI yet. That may be a great choice in part to see the building itself, designed by Zaha Hadid. Although it's pretty far whether walking or by taxi - getting there and back in the traffic probably would eat an hour round trip.
If MAXXI is too far given everything else I'm going to do (mostly in the central tourist area meaning Pantheon /Campo di Fiori etc) any new exhibits or new galleries or goings-on in the central area would be nice to hear about too. How about Monti? I have been there but not a lot of strolling time really.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 2 세븐카지노❅＼【→ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ←】＼❅【슈퍼카지노】
- 3 아시아카지노＼✤＼【 ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ 】＼슈퍼카지노
- 4 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 French restaurants
- 7 Switzerland
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 CDG airport and connection time
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 15 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 16 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 17 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 18 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 19 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 20 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 23 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas