I will soon be spending a few weeks in Naples/Positano. I am taking the fast train one morning to spend a day in Rome and fast train home that night.
I've been to Rome half a dozen times or so but the last time was three years ago. I am merely going to stroll and window shop and eat a nice lunch and a nice dinner and look up a friend and do a wine tasting. I'll probably have time for one museum. I've already been to many of the biggies so unless there is a brand new exhibit I'm unlikely to go back for my one day in town.
I will likely be walking the entire time. I have not visited MAXXI yet. That may be a great choice in part to see the building itself, designed by Zaha Hadid. Although it's pretty far whether walking or by taxi - getting there and back in the traffic probably would eat an hour round trip.
If MAXXI is too far given everything else I'm going to do (mostly in the central tourist area meaning Pantheon /Campo di Fiori etc) any new exhibits or new galleries or goings-on in the central area would be nice to hear about too. How about Monti? I have been there but not a lot of strolling time really.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 인터넷카지노⋞」✥「( SO224。COM )」✥「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 2 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 3 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 4 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 5 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 8 Versailles
- 9 Petrol in Greece
- 10 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 13 Where to enjoy Paris
- 14 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 15 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 16 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 23 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 24 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 25 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area