I will soon be spending a few weeks in Naples/Positano. I am taking the fast train one morning to spend a day in Rome and fast train home that night.
I've been to Rome half a dozen times or so but the last time was three years ago. I am merely going to stroll and window shop and eat a nice lunch and a nice dinner and look up a friend and do a wine tasting. I'll probably have time for one museum. I've already been to many of the biggies so unless there is a brand new exhibit I'm unlikely to go back for my one day in town.
I will likely be walking the entire time. I have not visited MAXXI yet. That may be a great choice in part to see the building itself, designed by Zaha Hadid. Although it's pretty far whether walking or by taxi - getting there and back in the traffic probably would eat an hour round trip.
If MAXXI is too far given everything else I'm going to do (mostly in the central tourist area meaning Pantheon /Campo di Fiori etc) any new exhibits or new galleries or goings-on in the central area would be nice to hear about too. How about Monti? I have been there but not a lot of strolling time really.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hp@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical CAre 24/7
- 2 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 3 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 4 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 7 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 8 Chania
- 9 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 10 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 13 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 14 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 15 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 16 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 19 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 22 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 25 Now to Madrid