I will soon be spending a few weeks in Naples/Positano. I am taking the fast train one morning to spend a day in Rome and fast train home that night.
I've been to Rome half a dozen times or so but the last time was three years ago. I am merely going to stroll and window shop and eat a nice lunch and a nice dinner and look up a friend and do a wine tasting. I'll probably have time for one museum. I've already been to many of the biggies so unless there is a brand new exhibit I'm unlikely to go back for my one day in town.
I will likely be walking the entire time. I have not visited MAXXI yet. That may be a great choice in part to see the building itself, designed by Zaha Hadid. Although it's pretty far whether walking or by taxi - getting there and back in the traffic probably would eat an hour round trip.
If MAXXI is too far given everything else I'm going to do (mostly in the central tourist area meaning Pantheon /Campo di Fiori etc) any new exhibits or new galleries or goings-on in the central area would be nice to hear about too. How about Monti? I have been there but not a lot of strolling time really.
Thank you for any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 9 days in London
- 4 Lyon
- 5 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 6 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 7 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Santorini lodging
- 10 Milan private guide
- 11 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 12 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 13 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 14 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 15 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 16 Italian lakes
- 17 Ronda Wine/biking
- 18 What do after Bernia Express?
- 19 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 20 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 21 Self drive tour companies
- 22 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 23 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 24 Ischia
- 25 Germany family road trip help!