DH, daughter (age 20), and I will have a day in Oslo next month. We will be coming in from the overnight ferry (DFDS Seaways) from Copenhagen and taking an early morning train for Norway in a Nutshell the following morning. We are good walkers and I hope to do a bit of our day on foot, but I also want to have time to see things. Current plans: Arrive from the cruise terminal in the morning, check into our hotel (Sundts Gate), visit Frogner Park, take bus to Norwegian Folk Museum (they close early), (probably no time for Viking Ship Museum or would that take priority over Folk?), National Gallery for the afternoon. If time, check out the Opera House. Dinner at Onda Sea (Aker Brygge). At some point during the day, I want to check out the train station just to make sure we know where we're going since it will be so early the next day.(I know this would appear to be a waste of valuable time, but if we were to miss the train, we'd miss the entire NIN and I tend to worry about that kind of thing.) Would it make sense to get an Oslo card to hop on and off transit? Walk part of the day? Any suggestions? I don't have a lunch plan but would welcome ideas for stop off points for light fare (with vegetarian options). Any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
One day in Oslo whirlwind itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Day trip on the Rhine
- 3 tour guides in rome
- 4 poland to switzerland
- 5 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 6 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 9 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 10 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 11 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 12 Reims for a day
- 13 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 14 Toulouse and beyond -
- 15 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 16 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 17 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 18 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 19 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 20 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 21 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 22 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 23 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 24 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 25 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip