DH, daughter (age 20), and I will have a day in Oslo next month. We will be coming in from the overnight ferry (DFDS Seaways) from Copenhagen and taking an early morning train for Norway in a Nutshell the following morning. We are good walkers and I hope to do a bit of our day on foot, but I also want to have time to see things. Current plans: Arrive from the cruise terminal in the morning, check into our hotel (Sundts Gate), visit Frogner Park, take bus to Norwegian Folk Museum (they close early), (probably no time for Viking Ship Museum or would that take priority over Folk?), National Gallery for the afternoon. If time, check out the Opera House. Dinner at Onda Sea (Aker Brygge). At some point during the day, I want to check out the train station just to make sure we know where we're going since it will be so early the next day.(I know this would appear to be a waste of valuable time, but if we were to miss the train, we'd miss the entire NIN and I tend to worry about that kind of thing.) Would it make sense to get an Oslo card to hop on and off transit? Walk part of the day? Any suggestions? I don't have a lunch plan but would welcome ideas for stop off points for light fare (with vegetarian options). Any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
One day in Oslo whirlwind itinerary
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 3 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 4 2 Week European Itinerary
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Car in Prague
- 7 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 8 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 9 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 10 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 11 Rome Accommodation
- 12 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Istanbul hotels
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 16 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 17 TGV and Provence questions
- 18 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 19 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 20 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 21 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 24 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 25 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)