DH, daughter (age 20), and I will have a day in Oslo next month. We will be coming in from the overnight ferry (DFDS Seaways) from Copenhagen and taking an early morning train for Norway in a Nutshell the following morning. We are good walkers and I hope to do a bit of our day on foot, but I also want to have time to see things. Current plans: Arrive from the cruise terminal in the morning, check into our hotel (Sundts Gate), visit Frogner Park, take bus to Norwegian Folk Museum (they close early), (probably no time for Viking Ship Museum or would that take priority over Folk?), National Gallery for the afternoon. If time, check out the Opera House. Dinner at Onda Sea (Aker Brygge). At some point during the day, I want to check out the train station just to make sure we know where we're going since it will be so early the next day.(I know this would appear to be a waste of valuable time, but if we were to miss the train, we'd miss the entire NIN and I tend to worry about that kind of thing.) Would it make sense to get an Oslo card to hop on and off transit? Walk part of the day? Any suggestions? I don't have a lunch plan but would welcome ideas for stop off points for light fare (with vegetarian options). Any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
One day in Oslo whirlwind itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 4 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 5 Fashion for larger man?
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 8 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 13 1 week in Croatia
- 14 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 15 Trip to Iceland
- 16 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 19 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 25 Eating in France-two new books