I am taking the Bernina Express from Chur down to Italy in early March. In order to break up the travel day, on the spur of the moment, I changed our itinerary to stop over in Lake Como. We will arrive on a Saturday evening in Varenna, and overnight in Bellagio. We will leave the next evening for Venice. So, essentially, we have Saturday night in Bellagio and the majority of the day on Sunday before catching our evening train out of Varenna. It's too late to extend our visit in the Lake Como area, but I would like to see some of the lake sights before visiting again another time.
Due to the Sunday schedule and winter season, not many boats are running. I was thinking of taking the 8 am boat to Argegno in order to get a view from the lake. Then, the funicular to Pigra for another nice view. As there is not another boat back to Bellagio for several hours, perhaps the bus to Mennagio, and ferry across back to Bellagio in the afternoon. Is the funicular to Pigra worth the time or should I leave this for another trip?
I welcome any suggested itineraries for the day. There are very few boats running that day, and most of the water taxi tours are not operating yet because it is still the winter season.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Lake Como AREA questions
- 5 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 6 Spain - day driver advice
- 7 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 8 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 9 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 10 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 11 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 14 London with Teens Trip Report
- 15 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 16 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 17 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 20 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 21 Madrird and Seville
- 22 Greece
- 23 Ludwig Castles
- 24 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 25 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)