I am taking the Bernina Express from Chur down to Italy in early March. In order to break up the travel day, on the spur of the moment, I changed our itinerary to stop over in Lake Como. We will arrive on a Saturday evening in Varenna, and overnight in Bellagio. We will leave the next evening for Venice. So, essentially, we have Saturday night in Bellagio and the majority of the day on Sunday before catching our evening train out of Varenna. It's too late to extend our visit in the Lake Como area, but I would like to see some of the lake sights before visiting again another time.
Due to the Sunday schedule and winter season, not many boats are running. I was thinking of taking the 8 am boat to Argegno in order to get a view from the lake. Then, the funicular to Pigra for another nice view. As there is not another boat back to Bellagio for several hours, perhaps the bus to Mennagio, and ferry across back to Bellagio in the afternoon. Is the funicular to Pigra worth the time or should I leave this for another trip?
I welcome any suggested itineraries for the day. There are very few boats running that day, and most of the water taxi tours are not operating yet because it is still the winter season.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 London is it worth it?
- 4 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 5 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 6 Montserrat Express
- 7 London in Winter Report
- 8 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 9 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 10 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 11 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 12 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 13 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 14 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 15 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 16 International drivers permit
- 17 Places to stop/stay?
- 18 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 19 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 20 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 21 ATM help
- 22 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 23 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 24 Visit to Sardinia
- 25 Car Rentals in Ireland