I am taking the Bernina Express from Chur down to Italy in early March. In order to break up the travel day, on the spur of the moment, I changed our itinerary to stop over in Lake Como. We will arrive on a Saturday evening in Varenna, and overnight in Bellagio. We will leave the next evening for Venice. So, essentially, we have Saturday night in Bellagio and the majority of the day on Sunday before catching our evening train out of Varenna. It's too late to extend our visit in the Lake Como area, but I would like to see some of the lake sights before visiting again another time.
Due to the Sunday schedule and winter season, not many boats are running. I was thinking of taking the 8 am boat to Argegno in order to get a view from the lake. Then, the funicular to Pigra for another nice view. As there is not another boat back to Bellagio for several hours, perhaps the bus to Mennagio, and ferry across back to Bellagio in the afternoon. Is the funicular to Pigra worth the time or should I leave this for another trip?
I welcome any suggested itineraries for the day. There are very few boats running that day, and most of the water taxi tours are not operating yet because it is still the winter season.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 2 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 3 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 4 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 5 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 6 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 7 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 8 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 9 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 12 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 13 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 14 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 15 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 16 "Never Mind"
- 17 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 18 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 19 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 20 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 21 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 22 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 23 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit