I am taking the Bernina Express from Chur down to Italy in early March. In order to break up the travel day, on the spur of the moment, I changed our itinerary to stop over in Lake Como. We will arrive on a Saturday evening in Varenna, and overnight in Bellagio. We will leave the next evening for Venice. So, essentially, we have Saturday night in Bellagio and the majority of the day on Sunday before catching our evening train out of Varenna. It's too late to extend our visit in the Lake Como area, but I would like to see some of the lake sights before visiting again another time.
Due to the Sunday schedule and winter season, not many boats are running. I was thinking of taking the 8 am boat to Argegno in order to get a view from the lake. Then, the funicular to Pigra for another nice view. As there is not another boat back to Bellagio for several hours, perhaps the bus to Mennagio, and ferry across back to Bellagio in the afternoon. Is the funicular to Pigra worth the time or should I leave this for another trip?
I welcome any suggested itineraries for the day. There are very few boats running that day, and most of the water taxi tours are not operating yet because it is still the winter season.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinqueterre
- 2 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 3 Central and Northern Italy
- 4 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 5 Car rental Pick up location in Florence and drop off in Venice
- 6 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 7 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 8 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 9 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 10 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 11 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 12 stonehenge day trip from london
- 13 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 14 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 15 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 16 Scotland Trip Report
- 17 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 18 Charming areas to explore in London
- 19 Trip to Ireland in September
- 20 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 21 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 22 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 23 Cornwall UK
- 24 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 25 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?