I am taking a tour of Iceland during the 1st week of August. I know tours are frowned upon on these forums and I do usually like to travel independently, but since I'm going alone and found a good deal, I went ahead and booked it!
I'll be arriving at the airport at 8:40 am and have the entire day free to explore the city. I also have my final afternoon and evening free in Reykjavik as well.
I've been researching things to do and have a list of all of the most popular places to visit but was hoping for some quirky or unique shops, sights or restaurants that might not be in the tour books.
Any ideas would be welcome! I'll be alone, so I'd like some ideas for restaurants that are not too expensive and that I'll feel comfortable in eating alone. I'd also love some good photo spots and to buy some artwork by local artisans.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help!
Here is what I will be seeing on the tour during the second day:
"After breakfast, drive into the capital for a morning city sightseeing tour of Reykjavik. Our first stop is at Bessastaðir, where we can see the residence of the Icelandic President. The tour traverses the old town center to the Parliament, the Cathedral, the harbor, the National Museum and the Höfdi House, site of the 1986 Iceland Summit where Reagan and Gorbachev met. The tour also includes a stop at Perlan, located on the Öskjuhlid hill, which offers a spectacular view over the capital area. Pass by the outdoor swimming pool heated by geothermal waters and a museum dedicated to the renowned sculptor Asmundur Sveinsson. In the afternoon, visit the famous Blue Lagoon, a unique natural pool of mineral rich geothermal water located in the middle of a lava field. Enjoy a refreshing bath or swim in the pleasantly warm mineral-rich water reputed for its healing properties"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KBC : YAHOO Technical SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 MAIL Installation
- 2 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 3 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 4 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 5 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 6 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 9 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 10 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 11 International drivers permit
- 12 Spain Itinerary
- 13 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 14 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 15 ATM
- 16 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 17 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 18 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 19 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 20 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 21 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 22 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 23 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 24 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)