I am taking a tour of Iceland during the 1st week of August. I know tours are frowned upon on these forums and I do usually like to travel independently, but since I'm going alone and found a good deal, I went ahead and booked it!
I'll be arriving at the airport at 8:40 am and have the entire day free to explore the city. I also have my final afternoon and evening free in Reykjavik as well.
I've been researching things to do and have a list of all of the most popular places to visit but was hoping for some quirky or unique shops, sights or restaurants that might not be in the tour books.
Any ideas would be welcome! I'll be alone, so I'd like some ideas for restaurants that are not too expensive and that I'll feel comfortable in eating alone. I'd also love some good photo spots and to buy some artwork by local artisans.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help!
Here is what I will be seeing on the tour during the second day:
"After breakfast, drive into the capital for a morning city sightseeing tour of Reykjavik. Our first stop is at Bessastaðir, where we can see the residence of the Icelandic President. The tour traverses the old town center to the Parliament, the Cathedral, the harbor, the National Museum and the Höfdi House, site of the 1986 Iceland Summit where Reagan and Gorbachev met. The tour also includes a stop at Perlan, located on the Öskjuhlid hill, which offers a spectacular view over the capital area. Pass by the outdoor swimming pool heated by geothermal waters and a museum dedicated to the renowned sculptor Asmundur Sveinsson. In the afternoon, visit the famous Blue Lagoon, a unique natural pool of mineral rich geothermal water located in the middle of a lava field. Enjoy a refreshing bath or swim in the pleasantly warm mineral-rich water reputed for its healing properties"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 맞고 포커 바둑이 ≪접속주소 :≫kxc551.com≪추천인:지퍼
- 2 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노먹튀
- 3 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노룰렛게임
- 4 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』우리카지노주소
- 5 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』우리카지노싸이트
- 6 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』우리카지노추천
- 7 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노룰
- 8 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노공짜머니
- 9 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노광고
- 10 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노게임룰
- 11 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』워터프론트카지노
- 12 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』원조카지노
- 13 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』우리카지호텔노하우
- 14 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』우리헬로카지노
- 15 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 16 6 days in Croatia
- 17 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 18 Train(s) from Lucerne to Barcelona?
- 19 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 20 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 One day in Lille, France
- 23 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 24 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 25 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid