We're not there yet ...
... but if all goes according to plan, at this time tomorrow we'll be in the air over the Atlantic on our way to France. We'd like to thank all the Fodorites who helped us in so many ways while we planned this trip.
When on vacation, we stay in touch with our family via e-mail, usually by dropping in to so-called "Internet Cafés". So I thought, as long as I'm there, why not drop a line to all our Fodor Friends?
Obviously, I'm not going to spend oodles of my vacation time writing a lengthy trip report. That will have to await my return. But perhaps I can say a word or two on some of the topics we discussed in our various posts: SIM cards, QWERTY keyboards, cashing in Francs, what to buy, what to paint, what is the Ecole des 3 Ponts like, and lots and lots of restaurant recommendations (we intend to eat shamelessly).
We're creating this thread to gather these in one place. No promises - if we don't have the time, you'll have to wait until we get back. But if you see this thread Pop to the Top, it probably will mean we've posted something from France.
Where we'll be when:
9/17 Arrive in Lyon on TGV from CDG
------- 2 nights at Hôtel des Artistes
9/19 Drive to Roanne
------- 6 days at Ecole des Trois Ponts studying French
9/25 Drive to Bonnieux
------- 4 nights at Le Clos du Buis
9/29 Drive to Mazan
------- 4 nights at Cante Perdrix
10/3 Return to Lyon, Hôtel des Artistes
10/4 Return flight from Lyon to CDG to US
- Margie & Larry
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning A trip
- 2 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 3 A week in the Occitanie
- 4 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 5 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 6 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 7 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 8 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 11 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 12 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 13 Train Through Spain
- 14 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 17 Italy June 6-16
- 18 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 19 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 hill of crosses
- 23 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 24 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 25 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
We're not there yet ...