Wanted to know something about visiting absinthe 'caves' or whatever they cure the 'green fairy' in these days- has anyone visited an absinthe cultivator?
Can this be the same absinthe Van Gogh and artists and folks liberally drank in the late 1800s or is the potent not nearly as deleterious as it seemed to be?
But I mainly want to know if anyone has had experience drinking absinthe in Europe, where it was re-legalized in several countries not long ago and what was the buzz like - a good shot of whiskey?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 advance tickets?
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 5 Spain in December
- 6 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 7 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 8 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 9 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 10 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 11 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 12 Help required with Itinerary
- 13 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 14 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 17 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 18 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 19 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 20 Trip to Rome
- 21 Greek Islands (small)
- 22 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 23 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 24 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 25 Driving from Munich to Barcelona