Wanted to know something about visiting absinthe 'caves' or whatever they cure the 'green fairy' in these days- has anyone visited an absinthe cultivator?
Can this be the same absinthe Van Gogh and artists and folks liberally drank in the late 1800s or is the potent not nearly as deleterious as it seemed to be?
But I mainly want to know if anyone has had experience drinking absinthe in Europe, where it was re-legalized in several countries not long ago and what was the buzz like - a good shot of whiskey?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 Perugia
- 6 Ronda Wine/biking
- 7 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 8 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 9 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 10 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 11 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 12 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 13 Areas in Milan
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Ireland itinerary help please
- 18 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 19 CDG much improved
- 20 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 21 St Denis Cathedral
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 24 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 25 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?