Wanted to know something about visiting absinthe 'caves' or whatever they cure the 'green fairy' in these days- has anyone visited an absinthe cultivator?
Can this be the same absinthe Van Gogh and artists and folks liberally drank in the late 1800s or is the potent not nearly as deleterious as it seemed to be?
But I mainly want to know if anyone has had experience drinking absinthe in Europe, where it was re-legalized in several countries not long ago and what was the buzz like - a good shot of whiskey?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 2 Alsace to Austria?
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 road trip through scotland
- 5 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 6 Wales
- 7 Best Neck Pillow
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 10 Tieks for travel
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 15 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 16 Where to eat in Rome?
- 17 Thinking about the Fjords
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 20 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 21 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 22 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 23 Italy travel plan help
- 24 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 25 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan