I'm looking to put together a 2-3 week trip next winter for the Olympics (Feb 7-23) and would like to visit some other places while I am over there. Looking to start in Zurich or Germany possibly Prague (whatever is a cheaper flight in). Take a week or so to mosey over to Russia then spend a week or so in Russia. My very basic thoughts were something like this. Fly into Zurich from there I was thinking trains to Munich, Prague, Warsaw, St. Petersburg, Moscow, Sochi. Is there anything one should see between Warsaw and St. Petersburg? Does that sound like a decent trip or do you guys have any suggestions? It would be the wife and I and possibly one other couple. Thanks for any help!
Olympics 2014 trip...looking for ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 2 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 3 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 5 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 6 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 7 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 8 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 9 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 10 London hotel tax is 20%
- 11 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 12 Vienna to Gyor and Sopron in one day
- 13 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 14 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 15 Venice - boats on canals
- 16 Venice, just arrived
- 17 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 18 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 19 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 20 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 21 Ghent or Paris?
- 22 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 23 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 24 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 25 Greece Travel Planning for 2015