I'm looking to put together a 2-3 week trip next winter for the Olympics (Feb 7-23) and would like to visit some other places while I am over there. Looking to start in Zurich or Germany possibly Prague (whatever is a cheaper flight in). Take a week or so to mosey over to Russia then spend a week or so in Russia. My very basic thoughts were something like this. Fly into Zurich from there I was thinking trains to Munich, Prague, Warsaw, St. Petersburg, Moscow, Sochi. Is there anything one should see between Warsaw and St. Petersburg? Does that sound like a decent trip or do you guys have any suggestions? It would be the wife and I and possibly one other couple. Thanks for any help!
Olympics 2014 trip...looking for ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 2 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 3 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 4 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 5 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 6 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 7 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 8 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 9 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 10 Munich
- 11 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 12 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 13 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 14 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 15 Munich with a car?
- 16 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 17 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 19 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 20 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 21 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 22 Itinerary Help!
- 23 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 24 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 25 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?