I'm looking to put together a 2-3 week trip next winter for the Olympics (Feb 7-23) and would like to visit some other places while I am over there. Looking to start in Zurich or Germany possibly Prague (whatever is a cheaper flight in). Take a week or so to mosey over to Russia then spend a week or so in Russia. My very basic thoughts were something like this. Fly into Zurich from there I was thinking trains to Munich, Prague, Warsaw, St. Petersburg, Moscow, Sochi. Is there anything one should see between Warsaw and St. Petersburg? Does that sound like a decent trip or do you guys have any suggestions? It would be the wife and I and possibly one other couple. Thanks for any help!
Olympics 2014 trip...looking for ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 2 Pompeii train to Naples
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 5 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 6 No points in Paris .....
- 7 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 8 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 9 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 10 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 11 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 15 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 16 best time to book accommodation
- 17 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 18 Stay near Paris
- 19 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 20 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 21 Sicily - not a trip report
- 22 Chip but no PIN
- 23 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace