I'm looking to put together a 2-3 week trip next winter for the Olympics (Feb 7-23) and would like to visit some other places while I am over there. Looking to start in Zurich or Germany possibly Prague (whatever is a cheaper flight in). Take a week or so to mosey over to Russia then spend a week or so in Russia. My very basic thoughts were something like this. Fly into Zurich from there I was thinking trains to Munich, Prague, Warsaw, St. Petersburg, Moscow, Sochi. Is there anything one should see between Warsaw and St. Petersburg? Does that sound like a decent trip or do you guys have any suggestions? It would be the wife and I and possibly one other couple. Thanks for any help!
Olympics 2014 trip...looking for ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 2 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 3 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 6 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 7 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 8 NCAA Pigskin Week Six ? Picks?
- 9 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 10 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 11 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 14 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 15 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 18 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 19 Question on France travel
- 20 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 21 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 22 Sweden For Christmas Ideas
- 23 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 24 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 25 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)