We are spending one week in Tuscany from 27th october until 3rd november, with accomodations split around san gimignano area and within montepulciano town. We would love to visit a farm with olive groves where they are harvesting olives for oil production. I believe our timing fits this well. I have read that most farms do not have their own oil press and go to a nearby press in the local area for pressing. We want to experience this whole procedure - from harvest to pressing to tasting. We are not keen on going to an enoteca or a restaurant for just a tasting. We would love to buy some quantities of the oil directly from source.
We are not much into wine but I bring up vineyard tours of similar nature in my hope to convey that I am quite passionate about olives, olive oil, learning about the whole procedure and talk to families who have been doing this for generations. It would be a good glimpse in tuscan life. Please share contacts / name of the farms based on your personal experience and knowledge. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 What do after Bernia Express?
- 8 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 9 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 10 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 11 First time in London
- 12 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 13 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 14 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 scotland
- 17 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Ischia
- 20 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 21 Barcelona
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 25 Italian Honeymoon Advice