We are spending one week in Tuscany from 27th october until 3rd november, with accomodations split around san gimignano area and within montepulciano town. We would love to visit a farm with olive groves where they are harvesting olives for oil production. I believe our timing fits this well. I have read that most farms do not have their own oil press and go to a nearby press in the local area for pressing. We want to experience this whole procedure - from harvest to pressing to tasting. We are not keen on going to an enoteca or a restaurant for just a tasting. We would love to buy some quantities of the oil directly from source.
We are not much into wine but I bring up vineyard tours of similar nature in my hope to convey that I am quite passionate about olives, olive oil, learning about the whole procedure and talk to families who have been doing this for generations. It would be a good glimpse in tuscan life. Please share contacts / name of the farms based on your personal experience and knowledge. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 2 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 6 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 7 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 8 Help with Ireland Trip
- 9 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 10 Cappadocia in June
- 11 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 12 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 13 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 Ibiiza Spain
- 16 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 17 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 18 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 19 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 20 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 21 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 22 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon