We are spending one week in Tuscany from 27th october until 3rd november, with accomodations split around san gimignano area and within montepulciano town. We would love to visit a farm with olive groves where they are harvesting olives for oil production. I believe our timing fits this well. I have read that most farms do not have their own oil press and go to a nearby press in the local area for pressing. We want to experience this whole procedure - from harvest to pressing to tasting. We are not keen on going to an enoteca or a restaurant for just a tasting. We would love to buy some quantities of the oil directly from source.
We are not much into wine but I bring up vineyard tours of similar nature in my hope to convey that I am quite passionate about olives, olive oil, learning about the whole procedure and talk to families who have been doing this for generations. It would be a good glimpse in tuscan life. Please share contacts / name of the farms based on your personal experience and knowledge. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 2 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 3 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 4 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 5 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 6 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 9 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 10 Spain in November
- 11 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 12 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 13 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 16 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 17 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 18 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 19 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 20 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 21 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 22 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 23 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 24 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 25 Europe's Most Famous Streets?