We are spending one week in Tuscany from 27th october until 3rd november, with accomodations split around san gimignano area and within montepulciano town. We would love to visit a farm with olive groves where they are harvesting olives for oil production. I believe our timing fits this well. I have read that most farms do not have their own oil press and go to a nearby press in the local area for pressing. We want to experience this whole procedure - from harvest to pressing to tasting. We are not keen on going to an enoteca or a restaurant for just a tasting. We would love to buy some quantities of the oil directly from source.
We are not much into wine but I bring up vineyard tours of similar nature in my hope to convey that I am quite passionate about olives, olive oil, learning about the whole procedure and talk to families who have been doing this for generations. It would be a good glimpse in tuscan life. Please share contacts / name of the farms based on your personal experience and knowledge. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nature-renew/
- 2 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 3 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 4 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 5 Engadine Valley help
- 6 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 7 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 8 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 9 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 10 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece
- 12 Italy for Christmas Week
- 13 A Month stay in Southern France
- 14 Shoes in Scotland
- 15 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 16 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 17 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 21 Portugal with large family
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 restaurants in Marais district
- 24 Sicily
- 25 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)