Old Ship and Waste of Money
This was our second cruise on Oceania. We received a lot of press on the new Sirena. We booked a Penthouse SG2 with no specific stateroom. This was a first for us not having a Stateroom; one of their promotions. We were going to be in Europe so all seemed good; bad decision.
We did not realize nor did our travel agent, that Oceania advises you of your stateroom the day before sailing. Thus you options to select another stateroom or cancel was not an option. My recommendation would be never to book a cruise without you knowing where you will be.
As to the ship, the Sirena is a 17 year old ship and it still looks like it. Other than make all the staterooms smaller to gain more revenue, it is a mystery as to where the money went.
The biggest shock was the size of the Penthouse. It had no closets and very limited space to put your clothes. Any cruise over 12 days would be an issue. The bathroom is a joke. You can almost take a shower, go to the toilet, and shave without moving. The width of the bathroom is so small it is hard to describe it. The shower is approx. 3’X 4’
I feel sorry for the passengers that did not have penthouses.
On the positive side, the food was great.
The ports we visited were great. The disappointment was their decision to stop in a great port on Sunday when 90% of the sights were closed. They stayed there the full day loading ship supplies.
Making things worse, is the ship hit an underground cable due to a Pilot error. We had to stay another day in port and miss a great port that was on the itinerary. They offered everyone a $200.00 shipboard credit on a future cruise; they can keep it.
Finally, we received a notice in our stateroom that the transportation cost between Le Havre and Paris would be $1600.00 if you had more than two bags and wanted a car versus being on a Bus for 3 hours!
I strongly recommend you stay from this ship if you want to experience a great cruise; there competitors offer such better choices
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 3 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 8 Paris to Italy
- 9 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 12 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 15 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Barcelona alternative
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 23 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 24 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 25 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
Old Ship and Waste of Money