My friend and I are heading to London from Sydney Australia late August to meet up with 2 other friends and are heading to Oktoberfest. We are doing a 5 day Conkiti tour heading into Munich on the 27th. I so cant wait.
There is the option, after the tour, to head back to London with the group but we want to find our own way back.
We will have about 4 weeks travel time in total so after the tour we have 3 weeks to get back to London. We have not booked flights yet but plan on doing that in the next week.
We are trying to figure out a rough itinerary to go off.
A rough idea is:
I threw Spain in there as i really want to see it, and i know its in the total opposite direction!
We don't mind taking the odd flight, if we were to go to Spain.
We want to get a bit of the feel for the counties, but not stay forever. We'll be looking forward to the night life, people and attractions.
Being my first overseas trip my idea about this could all be wrong? Could these destinations be done realistically? What would you guys recommend, where to go and for how long?
Any help is greatly greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 6 House Hunting in France
- 7 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 8 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 9 Sicily
- 10 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 11 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Car rental from Barcelona
- 15 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 16 Itinerary Tweaking
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Ireland in April
- 24 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 25 UK in July -- early planning stages