Here is one more question about timing one's visit to the Alhambra, to add to the hundreds which have already been posted here. Thanks in advance to the patient FF readers who continue on to think about my question:
Because of the way we like to visit places (not rushing in the morning, a relaxing late lunch, not jamming things together too tightly), we're thinking of purchasing two separate Alhambra tickets for each of us, one for the morning segment (8:30 am - 2:00 pm) and another ticket only for the Generalife gardens in the afternoon (2:00 pm - 6:00pm; we are going in late October so the closing time is 6:00 pm, not 8:00 pm as it is in the summer/early fall season).
The plan (using tickets purchased on the internet and picked up the day before at the Alhambra shop at Calle Reyes Catolicos):
--enter the Alhambra complex by the Puerta de Justicia about 9:00 am, having reserved a 10:00 am entry for the Nazaries Palace; before and after the Palace, see other things (Alcazaba, Carlos V Palace and museum, etc.)
--around 1:00 pm, an un-rushed lunch at the Parador or the Hotel America
--around 2:30 pm or 3:00 pm, walk to the Generalife gardens and use the second afternoon-entry ticket for the Generalife only (not the complete ticket but the gardens-only ticket for about 8 euros).
--see the gardens slowly, then exit at the eastern, main entrance and catch Bus C3 back to Plaza Nueva and crash at our hotel, Hotel Casa 1800
Does this make sense? I'm assuming they don't care if you buy two tickets for the same day, as long as one individual does not buy more than 10 tickets (at least, that's what the official web site says...I think). The tickets for September are already up for sale on the web site so I want to decide on how we should tackle this thing soon.
Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 First Trip to Paris
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 Guide in Russia
- 8 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 9 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 10 Train travel
- 11 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 12 B&Bs in Ireland
- 13 travel fan 220v?
- 14 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Zadar or Sibenik