Here is one more question about timing one's visit to the Alhambra, to add to the hundreds which have already been posted here. Thanks in advance to the patient FF readers who continue on to think about my question:
Because of the way we like to visit places (not rushing in the morning, a relaxing late lunch, not jamming things together too tightly), we're thinking of purchasing two separate Alhambra tickets for each of us, one for the morning segment (8:30 am - 2:00 pm) and another ticket only for the Generalife gardens in the afternoon (2:00 pm - 6:00pm; we are going in late October so the closing time is 6:00 pm, not 8:00 pm as it is in the summer/early fall season).
The plan (using tickets purchased on the internet and picked up the day before at the Alhambra shop at Calle Reyes Catolicos):
--enter the Alhambra complex by the Puerta de Justicia about 9:00 am, having reserved a 10:00 am entry for the Nazaries Palace; before and after the Palace, see other things (Alcazaba, Carlos V Palace and museum, etc.)
--around 1:00 pm, an un-rushed lunch at the Parador or the Hotel America
--around 2:30 pm or 3:00 pm, walk to the Generalife gardens and use the second afternoon-entry ticket for the Generalife only (not the complete ticket but the gardens-only ticket for about 8 euros).
--see the gardens slowly, then exit at the eastern, main entrance and catch Bus C3 back to Plaza Nueva and crash at our hotel, Hotel Casa 1800
Does this make sense? I'm assuming they don't care if you buy two tickets for the same day, as long as one individual does not buy more than 10 tickets (at least, that's what the official web site says...I think). The tickets for September are already up for sale on the web site so I want to decide on how we should tackle this thing soon.
Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday