Hi Rome Experts!
This will be my 4th time in Rome and 2nd for my kids -- ages 6, 10 and 11. We are also coming so I can take a class and are renting an apartment for the first time. Because we have seen all the major sites, though I know we will eat gelato on the Steps and at the Fountain, I'm really interested in off the beaten path places to discover and new activities to try. I would like us to go restaurants and places that are not in the city center, as we are not bound by being close to the Pantheon or Colosseum like previous trips. We will venture to any neighborhood for good food and experiences. I'm also lucky as my kids are real foodies, into art and music.
Any suggestions for restaurants, neighborhoods to explore, small art galleries, fun activities etc. starting the 2nd week in June.
P.S. Posted this ? on TA too just in case you see it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 2 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 3 day trip to iceland
- 5 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 6 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Rome or Venice first
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 16 celticmoon, a quick question
- 17 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 18 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 19 B&B in Ireland
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 25 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
Off the Beaten Path Rome! Tips for Food, Neighborhoods, Activities, Etc.
Hi Rome Experts!