Hi Rome Experts!
This will be my 4th time in Rome and 2nd for my kids -- ages 6, 10 and 11. We are also coming so I can take a class and are renting an apartment for the first time. Because we have seen all the major sites, though I know we will eat gelato on the Steps and at the Fountain, I'm really interested in off the beaten path places to discover and new activities to try. I would like us to go restaurants and places that are not in the city center, as we are not bound by being close to the Pantheon or Colosseum like previous trips. We will venture to any neighborhood for good food and experiences. I'm also lucky as my kids are real foodies, into art and music.
Any suggestions for restaurants, neighborhoods to explore, small art galleries, fun activities etc. starting the 2nd week in June.
P.S. Posted this ? on TA too just in case you see it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 2 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 3 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 4 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 5 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 6 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 7 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 8 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 9 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 10 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 13 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 14 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 15 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 16 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 17 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 18 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 19 WWI Battlefields
- 20 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 21 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 22 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 23 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 24 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 25 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
Off the Beaten Path Rome! Tips for Food, Neighborhoods, Activities, Etc.
Hi Rome Experts!