Hi Rome Experts!
This will be my 4th time in Rome and 2nd for my kids -- ages 6, 10 and 11. We are also coming so I can take a class and are renting an apartment for the first time. Because we have seen all the major sites, though I know we will eat gelato on the Steps and at the Fountain, I'm really interested in off the beaten path places to discover and new activities to try. I would like us to go restaurants and places that are not in the city center, as we are not bound by being close to the Pantheon or Colosseum like previous trips. We will venture to any neighborhood for good food and experiences. I'm also lucky as my kids are real foodies, into art and music.
Any suggestions for restaurants, neighborhoods to explore, small art galleries, fun activities etc. starting the 2nd week in June.
P.S. Posted this ? on TA too just in case you see it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 2 alcazar question and seville advice
- 3 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 4 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 5 London in Winter Report
- 6 Iceland trip report!
- 7 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 10 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 11 Anniversary trip to France
- 12 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 13 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 14 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 17 Paris and Normandy
- 18 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 19 London Hotel - Different Request
- 20 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 21 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 22 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 23 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 24 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 25 Airport Transit Visa
Off the Beaten Path Rome! Tips for Food, Neighborhoods, Activities, Etc.
Hi Rome Experts!