Hi Rome Experts!
This will be my 4th time in Rome and 2nd for my kids -- ages 6, 10 and 11. We are also coming so I can take a class and are renting an apartment for the first time. Because we have seen all the major sites, though I know we will eat gelato on the Steps and at the Fountain, I'm really interested in off the beaten path places to discover and new activities to try. I would like us to go restaurants and places that are not in the city center, as we are not bound by being close to the Pantheon or Colosseum like previous trips. We will venture to any neighborhood for good food and experiences. I'm also lucky as my kids are real foodies, into art and music.
Any suggestions for restaurants, neighborhoods to explore, small art galleries, fun activities etc. starting the 2nd week in June.
P.S. Posted this ? on TA too just in case you see it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self drive tour companies
- 2 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 3 Germany family road trip help!
- 4 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 5 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 6 Lyon
- 7 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 8 Barcelona
- 9 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 10 France, UK and Ireland
- 11 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 12 French theater in Paris
- 13 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 14 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 15 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Italian lakes
- 18 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 22 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
Off the Beaten Path Rome! Tips for Food, Neighborhoods, Activities, Etc.
Hi Rome Experts!