Hello travel community,
I'm looking for some assistance in planning my honeymoon. Here is what we know:
We just bought our transatlantic flights.... we will be arriving in Paris at 6:30 AM on October 6 and returning home via Rome on October 21. We have never been to Paris (or anywhere in France), so we are thinking of starting our trip with four nights there. We have been to Italy before (the big three plus Bologna); however, we are looking to spend two nights in Rome at the end of the trip to see some things we missed the first time around and revisit some of our favorite restaurants.
That leave 9 nights between Paris and Rome that we are looking to fill, and I'm hoping to get the advise of the experts! Some of the ideas we have bounced around:
- After Paris, flight to Pisa. Set up home base in Lucca and for four nights and do day trips to CT and maybe Florence (like I said, we have been but love it). Then rent a car and slowly make our way to Rome stopping in Sienna, Cortono, maybe another hill town?
- After Paris, head South (Provence? Riviera?) before heading to Italy. With this plan, I'm not sure where to start us the Italy part of the trip.
Would love to hear some opinions. We are also open to other ideas.... other than Paris and Rome we are flexible. We don't like to travel too fast (been there, done that). And it is our honeymoon so we are looking for a relaxed, romantic itinerary.
Appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 2 Cordoba Overnight?
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 What tips can you give about packing?
- 5 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 6 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 7 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 8 How the kids age calculated
- 9 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 10 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 11 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 12 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Firt time VISA applicant
- 15 Uffizi Phone Number
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 Aix Provence
- 19 Sintra
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 24 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 25 Murren to Prague
Hello travel community,