Hello travel community,
I'm looking for some assistance in planning my honeymoon. Here is what we know:
We just bought our transatlantic flights.... we will be arriving in Paris at 6:30 AM on October 6 and returning home via Rome on October 21. We have never been to Paris (or anywhere in France), so we are thinking of starting our trip with four nights there. We have been to Italy before (the big three plus Bologna); however, we are looking to spend two nights in Rome at the end of the trip to see some things we missed the first time around and revisit some of our favorite restaurants.
That leave 9 nights between Paris and Rome that we are looking to fill, and I'm hoping to get the advise of the experts! Some of the ideas we have bounced around:
- After Paris, flight to Pisa. Set up home base in Lucca and for four nights and do day trips to CT and maybe Florence (like I said, we have been but love it). Then rent a car and slowly make our way to Rome stopping in Sienna, Cortono, maybe another hill town?
- After Paris, head South (Provence? Riviera?) before heading to Italy. With this plan, I'm not sure where to start us the Italy part of the trip.
Would love to hear some opinions. We are also open to other ideas.... other than Paris and Rome we are flexible. We don't like to travel too fast (been there, done that). And it is our honeymoon so we are looking for a relaxed, romantic itinerary.
Appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 7 Summer Travel order
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 10 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 11 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 12 Swiss Travel Pass
- 13 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 14 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 15 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 16 Another tipping question: concierges
- 17 24 hours in Zurich
- 18 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 19 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 20 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 21 Trip suggestion
- 22 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 23 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Dijon in December!
Hello travel community,