Hello travel community,
I'm looking for some assistance in planning my honeymoon. Here is what we know:
We just bought our transatlantic flights.... we will be arriving in Paris at 6:30 AM on October 6 and returning home via Rome on October 21. We have never been to Paris (or anywhere in France), so we are thinking of starting our trip with four nights there. We have been to Italy before (the big three plus Bologna); however, we are looking to spend two nights in Rome at the end of the trip to see some things we missed the first time around and revisit some of our favorite restaurants.
That leave 9 nights between Paris and Rome that we are looking to fill, and I'm hoping to get the advise of the experts! Some of the ideas we have bounced around:
- After Paris, flight to Pisa. Set up home base in Lucca and for four nights and do day trips to CT and maybe Florence (like I said, we have been but love it). Then rent a car and slowly make our way to Rome stopping in Sienna, Cortono, maybe another hill town?
- After Paris, head South (Provence? Riviera?) before heading to Italy. With this plan, I'm not sure where to start us the Italy part of the trip.
Would love to hear some opinions. We are also open to other ideas.... other than Paris and Rome we are flexible. We don't like to travel too fast (been there, done that). And it is our honeymoon so we are looking for a relaxed, romantic itinerary.
Appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 3 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 4 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 5 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 6 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 7 One day around Lake Brienz
- 8 Bayeux Restaurants
- 9 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 10 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 11 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 12 Best Viking Sites
- 13 Language to use in Belgium
- 14 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 15 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 16 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 17 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 18 Car Hire Bologna
- 19 Sherry Triangle--Where to Stay
- 20 San Sebastian Beaches
- 21 Skiathos 2017
- 22 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 23 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 24 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 25 SURPRISE TRIP
Hello travel community,