Hello travel community,
I'm looking for some assistance in planning my honeymoon. Here is what we know:
We just bought our transatlantic flights.... we will be arriving in Paris at 6:30 AM on October 6 and returning home via Rome on October 21. We have never been to Paris (or anywhere in France), so we are thinking of starting our trip with four nights there. We have been to Italy before (the big three plus Bologna); however, we are looking to spend two nights in Rome at the end of the trip to see some things we missed the first time around and revisit some of our favorite restaurants.
That leave 9 nights between Paris and Rome that we are looking to fill, and I'm hoping to get the advise of the experts! Some of the ideas we have bounced around:
- After Paris, flight to Pisa. Set up home base in Lucca and for four nights and do day trips to CT and maybe Florence (like I said, we have been but love it). Then rent a car and slowly make our way to Rome stopping in Sienna, Cortono, maybe another hill town?
- After Paris, head South (Provence? Riviera?) before heading to Italy. With this plan, I'm not sure where to start us the Italy part of the trip.
Would love to hear some opinions. We are also open to other ideas.... other than Paris and Rome we are flexible. We don't like to travel too fast (been there, done that). And it is our honeymoon so we are looking for a relaxed, romantic itinerary.
Appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 2 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 3 Rome or Venice first
- 4 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 5 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 6 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 9 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 10 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 11 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 16 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 17 Europe First Timers
- 18 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 19 Apartment Montreux area
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 22 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 23 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 24 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 25 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
Hello travel community,