Hello travel community,
I'm looking for some assistance in planning my honeymoon. Here is what we know:
We just bought our transatlantic flights.... we will be arriving in Paris at 6:30 AM on October 6 and returning home via Rome on October 21. We have never been to Paris (or anywhere in France), so we are thinking of starting our trip with four nights there. We have been to Italy before (the big three plus Bologna); however, we are looking to spend two nights in Rome at the end of the trip to see some things we missed the first time around and revisit some of our favorite restaurants.
That leave 9 nights between Paris and Rome that we are looking to fill, and I'm hoping to get the advise of the experts! Some of the ideas we have bounced around:
- After Paris, flight to Pisa. Set up home base in Lucca and for four nights and do day trips to CT and maybe Florence (like I said, we have been but love it). Then rent a car and slowly make our way to Rome stopping in Sienna, Cortono, maybe another hill town?
- After Paris, head South (Provence? Riviera?) before heading to Italy. With this plan, I'm not sure where to start us the Italy part of the trip.
Would love to hear some opinions. We are also open to other ideas.... other than Paris and Rome we are flexible. We don't like to travel too fast (been there, done that). And it is our honeymoon so we are looking for a relaxed, romantic itinerary.
Appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland
- 2 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 3 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 Where to buy Saffron?
- 6 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 7 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 8 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 11 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 12 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 13 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 14 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 15 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 16 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 17 English Countryside
- 18 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 19 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 20 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 21 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 When to Visit Scotland
- 25 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
Hello travel community,