I'm looking to take an 8 day trip (two days for travel- leaving me 6 days to tour) this Oct. Prob. leave on 10/13 and return on 10/21. Sat. the 13th would be my travel day. Sun the 14th my arrival and jetlag day. This would give me Mon. -Sat. (6 days) to explore. I'm leaning toward flying into Zurich and maybe doing Zurich, Lucerne and Interlaken? Maybe Sun. & Mon. in Zurich. Tues. and Wed. in Lucerne and Thur. -Sat. in Interlaken & back to Zurich on Sat. afternoon. Would this be too much?Typically, would the weather still be nice enough to hike etc. in Interlaken? I'm a 37 yr. old. male. Will be traveling by myself and love being in the mountains. Other dest. I'm considering are:
D) Paris or London
I've been to both Paris & London before and would love to go back to either but feel like I should go somewhere I've never been. If I went to London I could check out an EPL game etc. Switzerland just looks so beautiful and it's on my bucket list so I'm thinking I should go but my concern is the weather maybe not being great for hiking, going up on the funiculars etc. I've also already been to Munich and Salzburg so leaving them off this list. Any thoughts are appreciated. I'm throwing this together last minute but know there is still time to plan a wonderful trip. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Electrical Power Conversion
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Douro Valley in January?
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 23 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 wondering if this trip too ambitious