I am flying into Milan, Malpensa (MXP), airport from Newark (EWR) this November. I have heard the views of the Alps during the flight are amazing. I have looked on various sites and they all state that a particular side of the airplane flying in and flying out is most beautiful - the left for flying into Milan and the right for flying out of Milan. For those that have flown into this airport from the US, is this correct?
I'm also wondering about the view of the Alps during the flight, not just on landing/takeoff. Is there a particular side that is better or are both worth seeing?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Alps and UK
- 2 Scotland Trip
- 3 Azores in February
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 7 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 8 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 9 Lisbon trip report
- 10 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 11 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 12 Ireland in April
- 13 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 14 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 15 Driving in Italy?
- 16 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 19 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 20 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 21 Planning a European Trip
- 22 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 23 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 24 So much to do, so little time!
- 25 Tour of Northern Italy