I am flying into Milan, Malpensa (MXP), airport from Newark (EWR) this November. I have heard the views of the Alps during the flight are amazing. I have looked on various sites and they all state that a particular side of the airplane flying in and flying out is most beautiful - the left for flying into Milan and the right for flying out of Milan. For those that have flown into this airport from the US, is this correct?
I'm also wondering about the view of the Alps during the flight, not just on landing/takeoff. Is there a particular side that is better or are both worth seeing?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 4 Cascais or Algarve?
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 8 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 9 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 10 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 11 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 12 Azores
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 15 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 16 Scotland in 7 Days
- 17 Short Trip in July
- 18 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 19 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 20 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 21 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 22 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 23 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report